SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Public Beta version 0.8.x bug reports

Hi, do you have to set the center new in the configuration tool after a computer start or restart or not?

Mine is also on the right side after phasing but when i put it to the center it is in the center again. Do we have the same or do you need do recenter with the tool?

it happened to me, now I center the wheel, I turn on the engine and finally I turn on the tool and the wheel is centered.
You can try this option in case it works for you.
Cheers

Hi Mika. Unplugging and Replugging USB Cable doesn’t help. I have to switch off and on the SimuCube.

I can only see 1 led in my simucube housing, but i integrated it in my cockpit, so maybe you mean other LEDs.

About the wheel center. When i turn the wheel slightly on the left side and switch on, i losses my calibration and have to recalibrate my center. If i switch on and the wheel is in center and goes to right side, i don’t have to center the wheel, only turn it to the center again. Maybe this will help you for a solution?

There is no solution for that, as it works as intended within the limitations of the system for now. You must always turn the system on with the wheel at the same place.

Ok no problem with the wheel goes a little bit right after start, but do you have a idea about the problem that i have sometimes to switch off and on again the simucube? Could it have something to do with Settings in Granite or not? Two times i had the problem that i lost connection directly when driving in the sim, but for 99% it works during playing.

If I restart my computer a few times the Simucube does get disconnected. I leave the Simucube on. I can see that in Simucube Configuration Tool if I am quick enough because Windows 10 gives me an a BSOD with usbxhci.sys error.
I am on the latest version 0.8.12 of the firmware and everything works fine, but I only get this error.
Is there something I can check?

This has been reported previously. Can you please check how many LED’s are lit next to the power led on the SimuCUBE board? I suspect there is some type of a hardfault coming from the ST Microelectronics’s buggy USB HAL driver that causes the firmware to go to hardfault handler function, most likely due to a null pointer exception or something like that. I have not been able to repeat this fault, though.

What do you mean by “quick enough”? usbxhci.sys is a Windows USB driver. It shouldn’t be crashing because of SimuCUBE.

As soon as I start Simucube Configuration Tool I can see the status and then I get a BSOD with this error. Therefor I have to be quick.

Ah, ok. So this happens sometimes if you have rebooted your computer?

could be, that SimuCUBE’s firmware has hung up for some reason, and won’t answer to Windows enumeration or sending of data. Shouldn’t happen of course. I think when we’ll fix the last of these usb errors, this will be automatically fixed. However, as the code is not ours but STM’s, the fixing might take time - and the workaround is also very easy (switch SimuCUBE off when you restart computer), this is not on top of the list of things to fix.

Well, I checked and after the fourth reboot it happened again. No extra LED lights though.

Indeed the fix is easy. Just switching off/on, so I understand it is not a priority item. Just wanted you to know :grinning: