SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Did you unzip the thing, or did you try to run the exe file from the zip directly?

I have unzip ,select EXE and run.

Interesting. I have a french version of Windows 7 in a virtual machine, and it does work there.

What happens if you remove the translation file from the translations directory?

There are 4 successive messages with the fw.
When I run without the translated file, it’s the same thing.

All the files that are in the ZIP file have to be in the same directory. The error messages say that it cant find the files in the directory you are running the exe.

Yeah, okay, now what?

:thinking::thinking::thinking::beer:

I will let you know if I find a solution. I can only get those errors to show when I start the exe in a directory where there are no .dll files.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks Mika!!! lets toast together, PC seems to be booting up ok. Thanks again for all your efforts…:grinning::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Now,it’s ok.
I only restarted the.PC.
Thanks for your support !
And everything is French!!

1 Like

Thanks Mika, working perfectly in AC - feels a lot smoother somehow, more like I imagined OSW would be when I bought it.

Hi, installed v9.8 and worked perfectly for a short period before disconnect in game, after exiting game or on restart of game or even reboot. Viewing simucube showed that simucube was disconnected. This has never happened over all public updates till now. Solution was to reboot simucube before starting sim (rfactor2) every time but didn’t persist with this as any disconnection means complete restart of sim to play again. Returned to 9.7 and again working perfectly. win 10 64 bit, small mige

Interesting report. What other USB hardware do you have?

All control hardware is plugged directly to mainboard usb ports. crossahairVI hero with ryzen 7, same ports as used with all versions of simucube firmware

What did you guys think about the 0.9.7 (and earlier) Friction effect? What if I just reinstated that as-is to the next build, as it got accidentally left out.

it was ok, dirt rally felt nice on .97

had a lower impact on raceroom as is used on stoped car only.

Bug fixes are done, but didn’t quite get to test them yesterday.

I added a setting for the usb stack reset, as it seemed to cause usb disconnects while driving for some people.

There is a chance that 0.9.9 will be released today.

5 Likes

Thanx, I will test first thing tomorrow morning!

1 Like

Beano You are actually at home?
Wow that is a miracle! :):smiley:

1 Like

It is indeed a miracle that he gets to be at home inbetween the travels.

It looks like I won’t have time to test the 0.9.9 today, so release is postponed. Reason: iRacing Endurance Le Mans Series race was more consuming than I thought.

Ha, a couple weeks before I’m off to Finland again, Joe :wink:

Planning to do many things in this window!

@Mika: No pressure, will test when you’re ready, no dramas! Get some rest.