SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Hey Mika,
I could give you a hand with that tonight as well. I could even test it with F1 2017 if that helps!

No fix attempt to F1 2017 yet.

Iā€™m in the process of compiling this thing, pre-release for testers should happen soon.

im at home, i have some hours tonight.

Need to run one additional test to verify that the translations also work :slight_smile:

ā€¦ and they didnā€™t. But now they do!

1 Like

It appears that the test version does indeed always show the french translation for some reason. Iā€™m investigating it. Remove the simucubetuner_fr.qm file for now.

and prerelease version 2 has been sent to testers :slight_smile:

No bad words about the 0.9.8 prerelease yet.

Iā€™m hoping that I can release it tomorrow :slight_smile:

Todo next: Make the centering spring work totally independent of the steering angle in profiles. Now they are somewhat interconnected.

2 Likes

ā€¦ and that is done, and will be in 0.9.8 tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What can i say all the settings i use seem all ok and in Assetto Corsa and RF2 feel awesome, the di damping feels like a big upgrade to me please donā€™t tell me itā€™s all in my head lol, keep up the great work.

2 Likes

No issues for me with the new firmware in Assetto Corsa or iRacing.

Thanks Mika

Nothing wrong here too.

I dont feel anything new or different in Assetto, as the DI dampening only works when the car is stacionary, i will try to turn on gyro and test It tomorrow, maybe there is more rough ffb when you change from one surface to another , i mean if you are on the grass, as soon as you touch the tarmac again you feel like a big kick on the force feedback , that was always there, but maybe is even worst now.

On the other side rFactor2 feels smooth and more detailed (even) than before, maybe is placebo , but rfactor2 uses DI damping in a more active way.

Tried to import/export profiles and all is ok.

The rest of DI effects work as expected on Raceroom and GTL.

Tool only ask for save changes if you change values.

So far so good.

Thanks Mika.

I have already posted this directly to Mika, just reposting for everyone else :wink:

Upgraded from 0.95
It updated the ioni to 1.72 - no problem, restarted on its own, good to go!

Tried:
iRacing- excellent, didnā€™t notice any real difference but definitely felt great!

Assetto - felt better than before, I find this game a little laggy on feedback but it is probably just my settings, I havenā€™t spent much time in it since MMOS

Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 - great, much better, really responsive and now even has some ossilation that Iā€™m sure I can tune out!

R3E - better than ever!

Great job Mika!! Anything specific you would like me to try?

P. S. Did try F1 2017 and as you mentioned no change, still feelsā€¦bla :wink:

1 Like

in asetto corsa the ffb is linked to the fps so make sure you get at least 100 fps all the time. preferably turn down the graphics so you always have 200fps

I got very far, but have to take a break now before making the release. Hold tight and try to save your F5 keys.

3 Likes

Are you sure as graphics and physics are running different threads? So the FFB is pretty much linked to the physics running at 500hz if I remember correctly.

Physics run at a different rate in a saperate thread yes. But ffb rate is another saperate thing.i tested this. And the ffb rate is linked in some way to the fps. More fps is better ffb

Version 0.9.8 is out now.

Everyone who installed any test- or prerelease versions of 0.9.8 should manually install this version by the ā€œUpdate Firmwareā€ button.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

and sorry, I had to take a nap, I could have released this two hours earlier if I had not fallen asleepā€¦

4 Likes

The update doesnā€™t work! I get this every time.

Interesting. Does 0.9.7 work?