SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

I’ve got time to test this evening (UK).

[Small Mige, 40K cpr, Windows 7, Assetto Corsa, DiRT Rally, Project Cars 2.]

If there is anything specific you want tested, let me know.

I was looking at people that could maybe test during the next 5 hours. I will release in the evening for everyone, after studying just one little issue a bit more.

I could test right now. Running a Lenze with SinCos Encoder

PM sent, check your inbox :slight_smile:

Hi Mika,

Does this have the fix that will stop F1 2017 from crashing?

It has some FFB interface fixes, but they unfortunately didn’t solve the F1 2017 crash.

F1 2017 crashing, Raceroom testing and gettings things ready for the open source repository are things I will focus on next. Also desktop centering spring is coming as per popular request.

2 of the 5 hours already gone, but I’m able to test the next 3 hours.

Is there a info how the (new) effects work, or for which game?

You can see on the advanced tab which effects are in use while driving. I admit that a multi monitor setup is required to see that while in car.

Ah great, didnt noticed that. Thank you!

v0.9.0 is out.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

Please take note to read the release notes / readme.

5 Likes

cool, I’ll give it a run later on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will download it after work. Do we have a new ioni fw as well?

No, the included IONI FW is still 10601. IONI FW 1.6.30 is still in beta: https://granitedevices.com/wiki/IONI_firmware_releases

Any changes from the pre release?

No changes from the pre release.

1 Like

Great update! Nice feeling from the start.

1 Like

Nice feature is it ok to have SimuCUBE open on separate monitor or best to close when not looking at effects as i have 5 monitors on my PC

It should be ok to have it open on separate monitor. A status update from SimuCUBE is asked every second, and you shouldn’t be able to notice that momentary few millisecond pause of updates-to-pc while driving.

1 Like

Thanks for version 0.9. There is no thread for reports yet. I notice that if you have centre frequency hz to ‘Filter disabled’ Attenuation dB and Q Factor are greyed out when you first load the profile, but then immediately go white again. On previous versions this remained greyed out. Does it mean anything?