SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

True, I think AMS has excellent FFB although, some effects can be too punchy and need toning down.

RaceRoom is a title that could use some extra effects imo; the FFB is just so dull by comparison but, the tracks seem to lack surface detail and the FFB just feels very flat. The FFB also seems rather “choppy” at times unless using significant dampening in-game.

try this :wink: especially the stuff from the realfeelplugin.ini

Here is the Settings Guide Video Recorded with a New Microphone so the quality should be a lot better from now on the background hiss you hear now is the motor :smiley:

*Always double check if FFB Skip Updates=“0” in the Automobilista\UserData\Playername if you want the 720hz ffb rate i think it even resets it if you just go to the controller / ffb tab in the game.

1 Like

I want to change the order of “simucubeprofiles.ini”, So I want you to stop numbering for each profile. I want that it be Json or XML format.

We are limited to what Qt has to offer here - I admit that I didn’t check very deeply on its capabilities. However, reordering of profiles (move up / down) is on the list of things todo.

3 Likes

There is something odd with iRacing and latest FW (Ioni 1.6.1)

When I start computer and Simucube, then enter into iRacing session, the FFB is very harsh and spikey.

This is very noticeable in 911 and tracks like VIR and Road Atlanta when hitting curbs.
If I exit the session and return to same session the FFB is much better and smoother.

I have tested this many times and result is always the same.

Small Mige
sin/cos encoder

Japo

for me when I tried the 1.6.1 IONI I identified the same spikey/harsh behavior compared to the prevous firmware but I have never tried to reenter the same session. I thought that this is because the new firmware and I will have to play with the filtering or whatever.
I stopped playing with that firmware version because the servo became noisy.

I am waiting for the new release and I will install it and try to find a good config

(I have a lenze setup)

You can downgrade the IONI firmware to last stable version, to get optimal noiseless operation
Or you can update it to a new beta that should be available sometime soon, to see if we have managed to correct the issue.

I will do that! :slight_smile: that’s my plan

new firmware has been compiled. In process of building up a new feature for the Configuration tool.

9 Likes

aaand persistant indexing mindf* is now fixed.

I think I’ll get home to do some limited testing, so I can be more confident on releasing this.

3 Likes

a little teaser:

The “dragin” typo is already fixed :slight_smile:

@yotchjp should be happy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Release it now. What can happen? Wrong ffb calculation and oscillation kill 2-300 people. Thats called calculated risk. Nothing serious :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe there will be a Release later tonight ?

On Wednesday and Thursday I will be in Finnish Satellite Workshop 2018, Espoo, Finland. I will giving a speech related to my PhD project in front of around 200 people on Wednesday.

That gives a deadline for the release :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the ability to reorder profiles. These small details make an awesome bit of software extra refined. Looking forward to the new release.

1 Like

Pre release is ready for testing, and some lucky ones are testing it already. No big issues yet…

5 Likes

(pre-release tester call has ended.)

2 Likes

Always interested in helping out. Timezones and such means I’m free to play in around 8 hours.

• Thomas

I would expect this to be released publicly at that time, but thanks for the offer.

Still 3 hours more at work…

Then if you need something i will be ready

:blush: