SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Glad to hear that it you found a good solution :slight_smile: ML & MR values are quite robust to different values and as long as torque response is good, the values are ok. So no worries using larger values there when needed.

The issue is the interface or direct communicationā€¦ and even older 1x/4x systems as they will not work eitherā€¦ Basically the firmware cannot talk to the Argon the same way it can the IONI and with the 1x/4x systems there is no link for communication between the firmware and the IONI so that doesnā€™t work either. Hence why it is only SimuCUBE board compatible.

Looks like a new release next week is likely. With much bells and whistles.

20 Likes

Awsomeā€¦I thinkā€¦right before the 24Hr of Daytonaā€¦ hmmm decisions, decisionsā€¦

Donā€™t worry iRacing still have over a week to release a new new tire or handling model to keep you on your toes :wink:

1 Like

Excellentā€¦ but can i have a version without bells or whistles pleaseā€¦ very noisy when trying to concentrate on driving.

3 Likes

first try of implementing minimal report parsing in the interrupt. Will need to get on to a development pc to try it out. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

LOL Very True, very trueā€¦ not enamored with the new model as it isā€¦

The FFB effect creation bug is successfully fixed. I also managed, somehow, to drive F1 2017 for 1.5 laps (Melbourne Time Attack) until it froze. It has never happened before. And on re-trying it froze right away.

1 Like

i can confirm sometimes you can drive a short while before it freezes, i had it before. but not a whole lap. most of the times its a instant freeze.

Have there been any tweaks to the ioni firmware for the upcomming firmware release??

We are planning on having some type of new version of Ioni firmware too. I donā€™t know which one we will include in the next SimuCUBE build yet.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

Iā€™ve added a good amount of sliders and scalers for effects for user customizations.

Side effect of this is that we are close to having more data in the profile settings than is possible to put into a single USB HID packet as it is now used. I already implemented things so that user settings wonā€™t break as saved on flash when the profile data is enlarged, i.e. saving and loading of data does work.

Now Iā€™m also setting up the protocol to implement the saving and loading of the data in suitable packets. This is to make this future proof when people start to add even more configuration parameters some time in the future.

6 Likes

No teaser ā€œpicsā€ Mika ???

4 Likes

Also, Iā€™ve upped version number to 0.9.0 so that this new Configuration Tool with slightly tweaked communications wonā€™t try to do things with older firmware - there might be unforeseen consequences when doing that.

Wells thats about 12 hours of testing right thereā€¦ thank you ā€¦ I think

Depends on what you want to test. :wink: Those sliders donā€™t have any effect if the game does not create such an effect.

Lots of possibilities to adjust ETS2 and I suspect also the AMS +Effects -settings.

3 Likes

Not sure though why youā€™d do that in AMS if it has a pure physics mode. :stuck_out_tongue: