SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

ok no problems here 1 did a 10 laps race , no problems , two last laps i crash with every IA … even with the pace car.

was in anger over the curbs, buildings and everything is absolutely fine.

except my wrists…

BTW, i dont like your settings guys , i prefer to let the overall strength on 55% in simuCUBE config tool, reconstruction filter on “1” torque bandwith limit on 1000 , no filters

and then in game raise the FFB multiplier per car to the maximum before i feel clipping (on DX9 i can see it in pedals app) now in dx11 i have to feel it, but in case of the mclaren is something between 1.04 and 1.10 , smothing=0, this way you feel EVERITHING about what the cars is doing and even if a little cockroach dies under your wheels.

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks guys. One more thing the lower i set the in game ffb multiplier the longer i can run without problems.

And max current setting in granity is 12.xx isch ampere

Can you confirm that when your problem appears, the SimuCUBE Configuration Tool appears to work normally in every way?

Yes i can confirm that Mika

The ffb leaves with a “clunk” feeling and maybe even sound but due to headset i can’t hear it

Hi Guys.
I play 90% of the time with Assetto Corsa and Raceroom. I tried the beta firmware since the first public release till 0.8.3 when the loose ffb issues came very often. So I decided to get back to MMOS but I’m having again the same issue. It happens when some one push me from behind with 50% or more force. In AC I use the FFB Clipping App.

I don’t know if you already know about this issue happening in MMOS could give you a clue to resolve it.

Thanks Mika great work.

Yeah, I’m leaning towards a momentary issue with Over Voltage or Overspeed. Possibly also Under Voltage, if power supply can’t keep up.

The fact that FFB disappears altogether, and that there is “controller disconnection” in log somewhere, would turn me towards some power supply issue maybe.

Reading what is written here, might it be possible to implement a “testing” tab in which the different effects can be tested and maybe even a sequence of FFB tests that could help to find issues in the setup.
The question would maybe be which sequence would be most stressful for the whole drive/servo system to trigger faults the fastest.

@Eddy: since you wrote that you have issues with booting your system when the SimuCUBE is already turned on, I’d try to exclude EMI issues as a reason.

Sadly, this is not possible with the windows API/library we are using.

I thought of EMI problems also.and have done all i could to reduce/avoid them. Because when i got my asher buttonplate i had issues. Last week i did indpect all cables but nothing found

Well, it could be an explanation for your booting issues as well.
One way to test this might be to cut the power off the servo before starting the system.
Then you shouldn’t see any EMI effects, but the SimuCUBE USB device would still be present.

However, I’m not sure if it is ok to remove the servo power cable while the SimuCUBE is running and which state the servo drive would enter.
So before just trying that, might be wise to have Mika have a word on it. :wink:

Meh. Maybe with another library?
Or maybe someone already has a link to an FFB test program?

I did some research on Github a few weeks ago, but didn’t find something that I could use with my limited programming skills. :frowning:

Yeah, the implementation of ffb effects is not simple from the pc side either. Would have to invest time in building the USB communication from ground up as most likely the hidapi library which the Configuration Tool uses now, would not work then. And figure out how to initialize and start effects using the DirectX API.

so, not “our business” to get involved with that. I think Immersion has patented “graphical effect design interface” or something like that, so that might be the reason why there is not a good FFB demo app anywhere.

Just had a look around again and found that SDL actually has support for FFB these days.
See:
http://wiki.libsdl.org/CategoryForceFeedback

Even includes a basic example, which I might have a look at.
Will have to connect the SimuCUBE to my Linux PC, since I don’t have a compiler installed on my gaming PC.

Does the force feedback strength slider work in AMS? Ive got it on 0 and simucube at 70% and its still way too strong.

1 Like

After some tweakingI have a very good feeling in rfactor 2… The Gt3 pack is so must fun to drive…
I also enjoy AC but my heart and sense of driving a car is in RF2 for sure.
Good luck with your test… i really apreciate your efforts to make a even better feeling for RF2 FFB and the community is very big…

No, not in the released version. I did implement that for the 0.8.10 that is upcoming.

1 Like

Cool Ill just have to wait, I quite like my arms in my sockets :slight_smile:

No, it does not work, you must change the force in simucube, said mika that would look at the problem.

Fixed in new firmware. It will prob be tomorrow now.