SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Dirt Rally test was still OK. Slight oscillation as it sets a Friction effect, but that was easily overcome with slight setting change to the profile. And the tiny oscillation didn’t effect when driving.

Is the release getting close?

well, from his list above, only the rF2 test is missing, it seems. :wink:

but since rF2 IMO has crappy FFB anyway, I don’t care too much. /me runs :smiling_imp:

I agree, and not only the ffb in rf2 is bad. Don’t like the whole simulator at all. It stood still in time and still has no quality content.

I already updated the Firmware releases -page in our wiki to list all the changes… So, yes, getting quite close. Still the rFactor2 test to do.

so its looking good for a release lateron today ?

No, not today. Lets hope for tomorrow :slight_smile:

Edit:
Reason for this is the insufficient time to do both the rFactor 2 test AND the motor fault reason parsing test. I ended up finding a bug in the motor fault reason parsing just now.

3 Likes

This bug or behavior caused me to look at things a bit more deeply. The SimpleMotionV2 bus is being reinitialized even if there is a totally different reason for fault, for example overvelocity fault. This definitively shouldn’t be required in every fault situation.

The end result is that when using high-CPR encoder, any fault reason could make the center point to shift.

1 Like

I’ve added a complex poll based on todays find.

Please vote.

If you are not able to perform the rFactor 2 test don’t let that stand in the way of releasing new version Mika.
It seems i am one of the only people encountering problems with rFactor2 and i am well aware that it isn’t the most populair sim around. I will try the new release nevertheless and report my findings and hope if there are issues you one day will have time to look into this.

Cheers Edwin

Hi Edwin,

I want to do that test.

Does it happen with every car in rFactor2? Any particular configuration I should test?

Hi Mika it is every car but most i have it with new GT3 cars but they are payware so i dunno if you have got them.
but today i did a test with formula isi at silverstone and when you hit the curbs hard i at least loose ffb.
i found it most of the time happens when i get hit by an other car or like said hitting curbs or bumps in the track
so high speed ffb request in fact…at least that is how i see it.
One more thing the higher the forces you ask (no filters in config tool) the more frequent it happens

Did you actually look up the fault reason in Granity?

Ya. No faults. So i think it is something in the communication between game and simucube.

In a tracefile from the game i can see that connection with simucube is lost and is trying to reconnect.
The reconnection works because i can drive on and steering imputs are still there only ffb doesnt come back not even when i tell the game to reset ffb.
Logfile frome game says that reason can be buggy driver from the simucube

Windows doesn’t mention hardware/usb faillures in the logs

I Will try to replicate It on my system

I have the GT3 DLC pack , and an Augury kit with 10000 ppr encoder small mige . My PSU is 480\720.

Can you please give me your simucube settings for rF2 and i Will use them too.

If you want me to test an specific car\track , with an specific Ffb car multiplier, please say It.

I run RF2 every day and I have never had this problem I also have the GT3 Pack my recon filter is set to 4, Simucube Force 100% in game 45 are you on the DX11 Beta?

I have the 10000 ppr encoder though

Okay please try McLaren @imola from.senorman.
Simucube force 100% no filters
In game ffb multiplier 0.8 and smoothing 4

When i run this combo against 23 ai within maximum 5 laps i loose ffb.

Small mige here.

@MX170 yes DX11

Gave it a quick try no problems

1 Like

Ok im starting with that combo and settings.

1 Like

I am going to our sim center now I will get the lads to test it there also

1 Like