SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Just did the “are things really sensible now” test for AC. Very nice feeling.

Next, going to do the same for AMS, again.

It’s more of a historic thing.
The default is what they inherited from rFactor (and what GTR/GTR2 etc. did).
They did now write some code to get the FFB directly from the physics as iRacing and AC do as well.
So it should be similar with the pure FFB setting (and to my feeling, it is, except for the differences in physics, of course).

I guess it’s just not default yet, because it’s still relatively new and not tested on all setups.

1 Like

OK, the Pure ffb setting did indeed give only the sine effect as I expected.

Hello, and thanks for this AWESOME piece of software.

Those canned effects from automovilista are for brakelock and engine rumble and car speed vibration.

LOW (now PURE 360 hz): Realfeel forces only

• PURE 180 hz: Realfeel forces only, but at half the rate
  • MEDIUM (now PURE + EFFECTS 1): + damping, friction, kerb ‘pull’, kerb ‘shake’, jolts from impacts at 180 hz
  • HIGH (now PURE + EFFECTS 2): +brake pedal steering vibration, at 180hz
  • FULL (now PURE + EFFECTS 3): + engine RPM vibration, car speed vibration, at 180hz

From this Page:

I have a question too, maybe this is the wrong thread to ask but…xD

In automobilista the game can change the rotation lock of simucube,. I mean , you put 900° in simucube but of you set the game to use the real steering lock and It works It moves from 900 to 540°

The game interacts with simucube as It does with a T300 as example

But rFactor 2 seems to not to do the same.
It does not work.

Am i doing something wrong?,. It is just not implemented yet?

No problems with 0.84 apart of that, It works miles ahead better than mmos.

What means Asseto Corsa with forces???

¿Where can i donate for a couple of beers?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I should add that the 360 Hz FFB did give some stuttering for me and someone (I think on the AC Forum) told me that that is a common issue.
Thus I mostly used 180 Hz FFB.
It might be wise to use recon filter 2 or maybe 3 in case of 180 Hz FFB.
For 360 Hz FFB, as it’s similar to AC’s FFB rate, I’d suggest recon 1.

Edit: @Mika: it could be an idea to contact Nils Heusinkveld if you run into questions or issues with AMS.
He does at least parts of the physics in the game.
He also uses a direct drive wheel as well (but I think a Bodnar Simsteering), so it might be that he can help. :wink:

1 Like

Its just rFactor 2 being not very good. There is no method or way in DirectInput to set steering lock-to-lock angle, unfortunately.

Assetto Corsa uses ConstantForce effect as I remember, but when the car is stationary or at low speeds, it sets a changing damping effect. This damping was previously not implemented in SimuCUBE firmware, but the next version I’m testing, will have it.

Please, if you ever visit Finland, our office is open…

1 Like

OK, thanks for the info!

When the car is not moving in AMS, I feel that the forces are reversed compared to when the car is moving, and steering wheel will start an uncontrollable spin. Does this happen with every AMS user?

Edit:

The Camaro seem to have this so that for the wheel to feel right at speed, FFB Strength had to be -100% in AMS, but when I changed to one of those silhouette VW Beetles, I had to change FFB to +100%.

1 Like

I’m actually liking AMS FFB a lot now. Pure 180Hz or 360 Hz feel both just fine.

1 Like

Also, haven’t run into any issues yet with either crashing game or disappearing FFB. I had no idea that the USB fix fixed so many things :grin:

2 Likes

in case it helps, those are some parameters that can be changed to improve the ffb

Thanks

I think I got the understanding that for pure physics based driving, FFB works in AMS now, although some cars seem to have totally reversed effect to others. That must be AMS bug.

Hi Mika I always thought that this FFB reversal in some cars in AMS was due to some cars having the steering rack either in front or behind the front axle. This reverses the forces in FFB. This could be the reason based on the style of car driven.

Pure 360 is better,and controller.ini FFB Effects=1(low)

When i read this (and could be my native language isn’t English) it seems to me you are no fan of rFactor2 which is fine (i don’t want to start a sim war or something) but please let me ask.
Does this mean there won’t be any focus on problems with that game? except for i racing i own all the sims but i only use rfactor2 because i like it the most (personal preference) and if you say you won’t focus on that game that means to me i have no business here and have to revert back to mmos.

Don’t get me wrong please i don’t want to be offensive i just want to get something clear because i do like what you are doing with the firmware and the feeling it gives to me. And i am aware of the beta status but i don’t like that i can only run my wheel with forces of a logitech g27 when i want to do a race longer than 5 laps and even that is a lottery ticket if i keep my ffb or not.

Well, this happened a few minutes ago… Expect news about FFB forces disappearing when I have a bit of time to debug that.

1 Like

again i didn’t want to be rude or something, i just wanted to get it clear for myself.

And thank you for your un human like dedication to this.

Yeah, I had that, too. Also with MMos, so I don’t think it depends on the FW.
Also happens in rF2.

I think it has to do with the physics going bonkers in the standing car.
This case – due to the speed being 0 km/h – can be a singularity in the calculations and depending on how it’s done there can be some bad effects happening.
afaik something like that is the reason why AC treats the cases >=3 km/h and <3 km/h separately and imitates the forces in the standing car using the dampening effects.

Today on the list is to test Dirt Rally again, with both the friction AND force effects enabled, to see if things are still correct. Then a test with rFactor 2 has to be done.

After these, a release…

15 Likes

Goods news !Very good news!