SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

@Mika the guys from s397 don’t understand my question about sine effect Mika and they ask if you could contact them directly via their forum if you need an answer.

Don’t really need an answer for that, as I already know how their FFB works (sine effect, magnitude 0, offset shows the force strength).

Hello
I have a small problem, I installed beta 0.8.3 and I can not access granity, I’m going to request my sincox encoder and I need to access granity to configure cpr
What could be the problem?

maybe some problem with the simplemotion v2?

Have you enabled ioni usb configuration from within the simucube config tool, you need to put it into config mode before you can change settings in grantity ?

1 Like

Read the manual perhaps? About toggling the Ioni usb connection?

2 Likes

thank you very much!!
I did not know that you had to enable the tool in simucube, thank you very much for your help

thank you mika for your help, and thanks for the great job you do with simucube

Friday update

Actual short driving test with Assetto Corsa, with forces… Very nice, Very Nice. I need to fix a few nonrelated UI things, and remove debug printing, and then also test drive this at home. 0.8.10 is not far away…

might as well fire up that AMS next to see if something explodes…

9 Likes

OK, Automobilista just stops giving force data after first drive. This is, I believe, in line in what other people have reported for that title. This is very strange.

The listing of effects is from when Automobilista is running.

Automobilista uses a heap of canned effects (PeriodicSine and TriangleWave). I very much hoped that no titles would use these…

Edit: I will spend a session next week to make sense of trianglewave etc. effects. Lets see if AMS does indeed output data for each of the effects…

2 Likes

Automob - What, its a sim game …Nah forget about it … :slight_smile:

@Mika,
In Automobilista, you want to use the “Pure 360” FFB setting with low effects. By default, the FFB has other canned effects and dampening applied. I set Recon Filter to 1 or 2, depending on the car being driven. The open-wheelers give the most FFB detail and the Formula Vee is very good for setting up the FFB IMO.

BTW, I haven’t had any cut-out issues in any title to date.

Amazing work on this Mika!
Finally made the move away from MMOS.

Still playing with settings to figure out what works best.
So far tried Dirt Rally, Raceroom, Assetto Corsa, and Project Cars 2.
No issues with those games.

Can you share your ingame and Simucube settings for AC? Would love to try them.

Hi Mika,
I, like Pete_RW, am interested in your settings for your games. I know this is a very subjective subject and each has their own preferences. …But…
I would be very interesting to see what the genius author of this software sets his racing sim software settings to. I can think of nobody who would be more qualified to be able to get the most out of Simucube…just sayin’

Thanks again for all your very hard work.

yes, these parameters work, the changes to improve sensations in the circuits, on the pianos

For me,AUTOMOBILISTA:star_struck:, it’s the best simulator of all, it’s the best!

1 Like

Hi,

My settings for games actually quite much do not exists. I haven’t yet updated my rig at home to 0.8.x firmware, and I only race iRacing currently, no time for anything else.

Also, my future short pre-beta sessions at home with different titles is just to verify the wheel feel when on a rig, using somewhat higher forces than in our office, where I must use only right hand for driving and left hand for keyboard, mouse and some other things.

Aww shucks…I thought I was gonna get some real secret stuff, so I could crush my competition…
thanks anyway

1 Like

Are you sure you selected the “pure physics” mode in AMS?

I very much recommend the “jump trucks” in AMS.
Crazy stuff. :smiley:

Do it at full torque, but watch out for your hands. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t change any settings in AMS. So, you guys are telling me that the default settings in that title are meant for some xbox controllers? Somehow I’m not surprised…