SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Motor faults i am not aware off. Cycling the e stop doesn’t solve the problem. Only when i close the game and relaunch i get my feedback again. I Don’t have to do any action with the wheel or simucube firmware

That brings up another question. If a motor fault appears can we see it in the simucube ui or do i need to get into granity?

Currently the configuration tool will show red text “Motor has faulted”. I will add all the fault reasons there too, when I redo the UI.

Thanks, then for sure no motor faults!

I think I have experienced same type of behavior too, but only when running heavy debug outputs on the SimuCUBE while in development. I didn’t run into this problem during the summer, but maybe I’ll run into it very soon.

Yesterday I implemented the DeviceGain command as iRacing outputs it too, but sets it always at 255. For the next build Automobilista and other titles that use Gain directly on the device should work a bit better.

4 Likes

0.8.4 even without filters getting cut of from ffb in rf2.
SMBus error counter:2

Does the error counter increase at the moment of cut ffb?

I am not sure completely (using vr and full screen game) but i would say yes

If.it helps you i could run a test today on screen running windowed game and tool next to eachother so i can see if counter moves up at cut of

Friday update:

Game-changeable friction effect has been implemented to the SimuCUBE filters, along with a user-adjustable strength multiplier slider in the UI. This was developed on the basis that Dirt Rally seems to use it.

Note, that the Friction filter on IONI drive is separate effect, and it will remain to be adjustable separately as it is now.

Next, implementing similar new stuff for Assetto Corsa.

Also, there is a manual push button to clear all effects and set gains to default values in the effect engine, in case a game crashes and user does not want to start a new game which usually clears effects.

5 Likes

Assetto Corsa already kind worked.

Additional testing on Monday…

3 Likes

when this will be ready will it come out together with the new ioni drive firmware?
(with the less noice)

No, Ioni firmware is a separate project to this Directinput effect support implementation effort.

No ETA for either. I want to go through at least AC, rFactor2 and PCars1, and get them working stable, before releasing.

2 Likes

Mika

Why PCars1 ?? I think that horse has been put out to pasture… PCars 2 perhaps ??

1 Like

I don’t have PCars2 for now, and I expect the implementation is very similar.

Hmm not sure, it may be at code level but at UI level it is VERY different!

Lets hope the Steam sales will have a good offer then. But I would expect things to be quite a bit more polished after properly going through the games I previously mentioned.

1 Like

Not sure Mr Bell does anything if $$$ is not involved - :wink:

Perhaps the community can donate some of the race games should they want Mika to implement features for it, if he doesn’t own those games :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would! But on the other hand it is no non-profit community project and one could think granite devices has enough interest to develop their own product further and invest in the software needed.

Just saying… still if not possible I am willing to donate at least for pcars 2.

oscillation is worse again in pcars2 with 0.8.4.

0.7.1 - p&n filter 8hz, -5.5db, Q 0.1
0.8.3 - p&n filter 8hz, -5.5db, Q 2.1

0.8.4 - nothing I tried yet did suppress the oscillations.

This is strange, as no effect code was changed between 083 and 084.