SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Version 0.8.3 with the new USB fixes is now released.

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

You were just a bit early, as the version with the fixes was not released when you posted this.

The version with the fixes is 0.8.3.

I must add, that your style is commenting is not really helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks Mika, 0.83 seems to work so far without crashing iRacing.

I drove the AMG GT3 in iRacing for almost 2hā€¦ Mika this is a good build, it feels great and consistent.

1 Like

@Mika or anyone who knows, general question:

Is the Notch filter ā€œliveā€? Meaning, can I let my wheel oscillate in a game and tune the frequency, etc this way?

I donā€™t want to jinx it though but so far no crashes at all. :blush:

Yes john! Thats the right approach!

1 Like

Yes. Please note, that if you change setting in the UI, it might take anywhere from 0.0 to 2.0 seconds to actually get applied to SimuCUBE, so do not click things too fast, etc.

1 Like

Excellent. Thx for the replies and suggestions.

Feels in RFactor2 , PCars2 hasnā€™t crashed yet a good sign

1 Like

Mika, my simucube was just sitting there for an hour while I was eating and now it does the LSSS again.

Due to the USB change I tried F1 2016 - overall there is no stuttering (1-1,5sec between frames) while stabning on gridposition in a quick race, but:

1. first crashed within 1sec. after race start
  2. 2nd crash due to wrong FFB/steering settting >10seconds after start
  3. same as 1.

F1 games are not very high on my list (I donā€™t own any) but I have some idea of what is causing issues with it. I will try to implement a fix sometime soon.

Thatā€˜s ok - I only want to give an update about the change in behaviour ā€¦

i have the same in f1 2017 i donā€™t really care about the game, i just have it for testing.

PCars2 unfortunately still has C2D issues for me, its never during a session, only during menu/session loading / restarts.

iRacing has always been rock stable, Did the petit le mans with 0 issues.

Does the usb debug value increase on crash?

Ah I didnā€™t notice the USB debug value on first pass :), let me give that a go and let you know, itā€™s not hard to reproduce so will be easy to do, the fact it still says 0 after 1 crash implies not but iā€™ll do a more structured test and let you know.

I`ve got funny filling usb crashes its something to do with power management and power saving in windows. I turn it power saving off on all usb devices in device manager and in power options and its stable. I may be wrong but me by a clue? Left it running and no crashes so far.

bart the ioni LSSS flashing (Long Short Short Short) is just cosmetic, my wheel is working perfectly, not a single crash or anything else. but thanks!

btw. Mika, I was almost 12hours in my rig todayā€¦ not a single problem in any sim. just perfect! I donā€™t know what issues some users might still have with crashes but I donā€™t think it has anything to do with the simucube firmware.