SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

That is weird as far as the strength unless Automobilista is using a direct input control over the strength as opposed to actually having a strength system in place within the game…

Good Morning!
exactly, what says Bart is what happens to me, the game is motorist, I have not tried it yet in iracing, assetto, raceroom, rfactor2, gsce, But the problem is that, strength is invariable inside the game. Thanks for answer

There is a Directinput command to set device gain, but it is not implemented in the SimuCUBE firmware yet. I will do it at some point, most likely when I find a game that uses it. I think Automobilista could be a good candidate.

1 Like

The beta 0.8, feels much better!
I only have that problem with Automobilista.Thank you very much MIKA for your work !!

I noticed that same thing in AMS (Beta Version).

I have implemented the first fix for the usb issues, and at least iracing didn’t crash while driving. Compiling a version to test.

Testing at the office revealed some type of error in force level, though. The wheel kind of went numb at high forces. I haven’t seen this effect before.

is it a public release? I will be driving the whole afternoon in case you want to send me a built of it.

not public, I’ll PM you.

Converted last night, on PCars 2 the strength of the wheel was MUCH stronger especially at the high peaks, had to utilize the programs “volume” control at 15% lower to achieve the same strength. Did seem to have a higher fidelity though, it felt as though I was feeling more of the road, at least on the laser scanned tracks, on the others fidelity dropped considerably and required some low end increase from the program to feel like i wasnt driving on polished marble.
Big Midge…

Pending a few more reports from testers, I think the USB stability is now much better than before, and could be released later today.

Got Assetto Corsa running here at the office. No software crashes yet, although the car is pretty beat up already.

First I have to tell you I was on 0.8.1 before I just realized.

Now after an hour with the Debug 0.8.2 I can say it worked flawlessly. I cycled through AC, pCars2 and iRacing, tried different tracks and cars, did reconfigure steering inputs and started the simulations over and over.

No crash (debug value stayed at 0 all the time) and all filters were behaving as expected!

The only thing that I have to mention was iRacing. Laguna Seca Turn 5 were you normally can feel the forces building up in the middle of the corner - it was totally numb, no force. That was corrected by lowering recon filter to 3 from 5, even 2 is working now with iRacing where before there was heavy cogging noticable with value 2.

Overall feeling was direct and really analog, rubbery, exactly as I love it. For me this is the most stable build yet.

We are investigating the reconstruction filter thing - I think I’ve ran into the same issue in high force situations. But sounds like the debug build is good, and I could release it today as it is better than the currently released version anyway.

2 Likes

Great work, Will be great if these USB improvements are helping with the crashes on non-iracing titles.

I need to set some qualifying times in pCars2 tonight for an upcoming league so, if I could get hold of a copy of updated version that would be fantastic.

Just to confirm the above. Did some testing (AC and ETS2) and indeed didn’t observe any crashes or USB errors so far, at least within the limited amount of time I could spend on testing it so far. :slight_smile:

In an hour or so :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Also tried Assetto Corsa. It seems to keep its configuration now, but it still crashes back to the main menu as soon as I try to launch a (test, practice w/e) session

Dave

Please mind your language on a public forum, also could i suggest you aquatint yourself with the concept of software development and the beta stage of development.

This release is not intended for production use, people here are helping to identify issues in the beta release and improve the stability of the software, such comments are not productive or helpful.

1 Like

Dave you are on 0.8.1 firmware, not the new one.

Yea idk why it shows 0.8.1 there cause I never downloaded that one. Thats why I included that screenshot. I only downloaded simucube_fw_open_beta_082b

I had 0.8.1 till now, I downloaded it right away after release. there was an additional release after it with 0.8.2, but named the same on github. the new firmware should be out any minute now.