SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Have saved to simucube?

Yes i have saved to the Simucube. In the configuration software it seems to work, but on the real steering wheel it doesn’t. And after i close and restart the software the steering rotation is set to 889°.

Can someone try please to set the rotation to 420° and 540° and post if it’s the same issue as here? Problem is RBR is so old that i cannot set to 900° like in rFactor 2 or iRacing, because it’s a old sim and so i need to set i how i want and thats’ 420° and 540° rotation. Thank you very much for your time.

I will look into this tomorrow. However, the settings will only get auto-applied if the steering is sufficiently centered enough. This is to prevent users from accidentally inducing full endstop forces when playing with settings.

Ok thank you very much. Steering was centered, i tried a few times, but result was always the same. First time i set the rotation to 420°, saved and started RBR. Then i saw ingame that the rotation was not 420° but 900°. Then i saw in your configuration software that rotation was back to 900°. Then i set rotation again to 420° and saved. After that i rotated the steering wheel an saw that in the software it worked but the real steering wheel was againg 900°. Thank you very much for your time Mika.

Just installed this from 0 (MMO’s DFU mode) and it all went perfect.

I cannot describe in words the change in feeling this gives me. I just did a couple of laps with the Skip Barber and my smile almost wrapped around the back of my head.

I’m actually driving on rubber tires now! This is amazing. Thank you guys so much for your efforts!

1 Like

Hi Guys need help here. I am getting fault location ID 6602. Please help me out.

That would indicate that your wheel didn’t phase properly.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Fault_location

Can’t really help, going to get some sleep. Hopefully there won’t be huge number of problems during the night! :slight_smile:

easy update all went smooth
IT feels allot better :slight_smile: tire feel,slip, general wheel weighting, full wheel lock corner feel, flat spotted tyre all feel awesome
have had quick play in Race Room, D rally, AC all feel v good some allot more than they did any noisy feel bits gone so will be playing few more of them soon :slight_smile: still P Cars and Automoblista to try
RF2 my main sim so will play bit more with other sim settings all in all feels great
Thank you amazing work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get zero feedback. Can anyone share a working setup .drc file for Small mige SDR 480 40000cpr?

Now it’s 481001 Error what is going on?

i don’t think the companies that respect the license is the problem, rather it’s the ones that don’t.

but this is not really a limitation for a company or individual. anyone who is dedicated and skilled enough can develop servo driver and software for whatever project they like. if they happen to come up with a competing sim product, i’m sure the sim community would be more than willing to take a look and purchase based on its merits.

Very smooth upgrade from MMos, reading parameter, initial setup, everything work just fine
(small mige 40kcpr, ioni hc pro)

Have just tried rF2 so far, tested adjusting some of the setups settings and in general the FFB
has improved, more details and road feedback but still smooth.

• steering range/profiles works fine

• one thing noted, at start their was an oscillation of the wheel if I didn’t have my hands on it,
    changed some settings and it got almost perfect.

• had an “major” crash in rF2, did a bit of “hands-off” and the wheel was turning several more revs
    than the setting (550) and ripping out the usb cord for the wheel (900 is no problem at all). Bump stops is default and is normally working as expected.

Thank you for your awesome work

1 Like

OK Everything is working. I loved the new re-construction filter.
Good Job.

3 Likes

What was the trouble you had? How did you resolve it ?
Just in case anybody else has the same problems you did.

Yes please wrote because i have the same problem i dont have ff dont know where i made mistake :frowning:

Sometimes you may need to reboot your pc and simucube.

I did nothing help dont jnow what i did wrong will be good if someone wrote step ny step how to do i it :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_Firmware_User_Guide

My wheel is significantly heavier at the exact same settings I was using in the previous beta version. I’ve lowered the overall strength to 80% and it still feels heavier than where I was previously set at 100%.

You asked the question elsewhere and I answered the reason why