SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

I use 1500 feels great

That feature is coming in next version! I did kind of learn how to do it, see export/import in analog axis settings dialog.

1 Like

Just added 2 car and saved on reload of config tool it still added a “new profile” profile as well as keeping the 2 I added

Sorry, didn’t really understand? If you think this is a bug, make step by step guide to do this. Write that to the bug reporting thread.

Does the settings data have to be saved to flash? could it be written to a file in the install folder with a simple save button, a little like car setups in RF2 which just saves the profile

I wanted to make it possible to switch profiles via some means other than the configuration tool, some time in the future. Also it makes the device portable.

True i did think of portability

@Mika: 680Hz for TBW limit default is a good value for MiGe servos. Most will be happy at this level, although quite many will squeal like a pig above this.

Cheers,
Beano

I wasn’t able to repeat the problem Ippai reported. Please EVERYONE, try to repeat it and comment your results the bug reporting thread!

I might have some time in the morning (Finnish time) to isolate it before leaving for the SimExpo.

I still wasn’t able to repeat, but with eagle eyes (and coffee), I spotted the obvious error that could cause this. Fix is out.

Everything working ok for me on the last fix.

Before the last fix my profiles were not still in the list after powering off and back on simucube.

Question?

When clickng the update firmware button what file does it choose? Is there a way to pick from a list etc?

As far as I can tell it takes the files in the same folder. As I accidentally reinstalled version 6 by running version 6 version of the configuration tool

It picks the one from the same folder.

I might remove that button completely quite soon and just have the update wizard started if an old firmware is detected on SimuCUBE.

i couldnt take it anymore. i ordered a dd with a simucube and a small mige yesterday.
once i receive it i will probably be able to get my hands on the new open source firmware immediatly since it takes a month to get here.

the idea is to install the open source firmware from the get go. i will let you know how convinient the firmware is for a completely new direct drive user.

However, it is still required to somehow access the wizard if there is only the bootloader installed on to the SimuCUBE. I might code automatic bootloader detection to handle this.

Thanks Mika,

So if you have the update wizard search for a newer version will it search the pc or the internet?

I think it would be better if a person has to push a button to update rather than be automatic, unless the original settings are saved.

Many people are not very good at keeping a backup of there settings.

Mika,

Another question?
Are there any dependant files that must be on a pc for the control to run using the new firmware.
I am guessing we are to the point of portability other than needing the configuration tool to set wheel center point?

Of course the pc will need to have drivers (hopefully windows finds them) to recognize the wheel as an HID device.

Hello Guys. So Sim Expo is over. Any chance we see the firmware published today?

1 Like