SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Each profile is indeed permanently saved on SimuCUBE. If you select another profile, the selection is also instantly made in SimuCUBE too. Save to permanent memory for all profile data (added profiles, changes to current profile, etc.) only happens if user clicks the save button. If there are any unsaved settings, there is supposed to be red blinking text alert next to the button.

3 Likes

Whoops. My mistake. Sorry. Done

No issues here as well.

An option to duplicate profiles might be useful.

Anyways, thanks for your hard work, Mika!

1 Like

Duplication and reordering will happen.

Actually, I just did Copy current profile -functionality. It works.

It will be released tomorrow, when I will also try to implement the fix for the known issue of cancel->crash.

2 Likes

awesome.

then there is nothing stopping me anymore … besides the little fact that i dont have a direct drive wheel :grin:

Now you have one more reason to invest on one :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah …
i always hesitated due to the diy factor of it. nowadays with all the simple solutions i dont have any excuses anymore. it will come sooner or later. for so long i am just here and at other places reading threads and am just happy with all the progress, especially with this new open source firmware. everything is really really promising.

the idea is to get a direct drive wheel once and never need a new wheel, at least a new base.

I am a hardware junkie and SimuCube is one hardware that I think I will keep forever until it lasts.
If you are looking for a longterm solution, it can’t get any better then this. Don’t think for a second.

minor bugfix+feature build is out.

If someone would consider to give a good default value for Torque Bandwidth Limit for newly created profiles, that would be nice.

Cant Wait to start playing with the settings, I know every driver has a preference for “feeling” but compromise of feedback from the car itself is fundamental to control. MMOS has served its purpose, lets see how simucube evolves this?

I think 2200 would be a good starting point.

Jani

Sounds good to me but with the new reconstruction filter there seems to me no reason why not to run unlimited all the time.

Restarting the the config tool (7.02) keeps add 3 "new profile"s. If I delete them after a restart they re appear. Earlier I added 2 new profiles which also disappeared after a reboot

Did you remember to press the save settings to simucube -button?

1000 feels good to me.

Didnt realise you had to. During the beta Ive save hundreds of times but Im a bit mindful of the number of rewrites on the eprom

Ive added a profile before without saving to simucube and its retained it

yeah, it will retain new profiles until the next powerdown… also, it will remove profiles, but everything gets reloaded at next powerup if user forgets to press the save to simucube button.

I wonder how we could 1) make it more obvious that saving is needed and 2) not make user constantly save settings to flash…

For adding car profiles cant you just save to a file on the harddrive?
That way ppl can share car profiles.