SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Closing the closed beta release, the two features I needed to check were working fine.

Now, need to limit the profile naming to ascii characters, then its ready for release.

1 Like

Profile name character limitation is now done.
Also profile selector dropdown will show the default profile as bold.

Setting up for releaseā€¦ :slight_smile:

forecasts for the open beta?

Right after Iā€™ve returned from Simexpo, on Monday night. If there are no bugs that require fixing.

1 Like

Slight bug in the configuration tool still; it would quit instantly when an old firmware was found running.

Fixing in progress, testing on my own rig. Release is imminentā€¦

1 Like

great thank you Mika

Waiting with eager anticipation :grinning:

1 Like

OK guys, I had remote desktop connection to home, and it seems that I had used debugger to program my SimuCUBE there using non-bootloadable build. This means that I couldnā€™t do end-to-end install, but as the bootloader was kind of already tested, I donā€™t expect it to have any issues.

So, instead of testing, I added some final touches and now zipping up the filesā€¦

1 Like

v0.7.0 is out.

Please report any issues in the appropriate bug reporting thread.

1 Like

Thank you Mika !!!

Update sequence worked fine no issues:grin :slight_smile:

Thanks Mika

Installed didnt work until I rebooted my PC then It said " hardware settings not configured run the configure motor encoder wizard and centre point wizard"

Ok now

OK. That worked, but I also had to run the ā€œcentre motor, encoder and center pointā€ wizard. Is this part of the process?

Profile Management works very well good job!!

1 Like

Hi
Im new here .Sorry might sound stupid but where to download that?

Yes. Every time there is a change on the second decimal of the version number, the firmware will currently disregard all settings and write them over with default settings, and the wizard will have to be run again.

Just when I walked home huge 300 m distance from the office, I was thinking on how to make the current profile stuff ā€œsolidā€ so that when there inevitably will be more settings, all of them wonā€™t have to be wiped up completely when new settings are added. I canā€™t promise that this will happen for 0.8.0, but sometime, yes.

This was hopefully the last closed-beta release for the first 60 people that ever registered on to this forum plus some invited members. The open-for-everyone release will be next week, if no major issues are found in the current version!

2 Likes

Thats great Mika . Thank you for your work

Thanks for clarifying that.

May not be a bug, but I notice it is not possible to permanently rename a profile. It will remain renamed until you close down and re-start the SimuCUBE configuration tool, when it then reverts to the original name.

Also, when you select a different profile on the drop down menu you do not have to click ā€œSave settings to SimuCUBEā€. So I assume each profile is permanamtly saved on SimuCUBE.

Please write this to the bug reporting thread.