SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Did this involve restarting the SimuCUBE?

After restart the SimuCube hardware and my PC there is still -360 degrees in SimuCube software.

Istalled 0.10 , big mige, max current ( 25A) , Sincos encoder epp 4k , everything work perfectly, just reconfigure the center point .
Sam

[quote=“bsohn, post:2309, topic:43”]
I believe this happens if you update the firmware with the wheel not centered… ie update right after initial phasing…[/quote]

it might happen there as well, but in my case, the wheel was centered.

0.10.1 pre-release is available for testing. This time it is only for users with absolute encoders, and the point of test is the motor, encoder and center point wizard.

Mine was centered when I updated also, and I am having the same issues. I can test Mika

1 Like

I’ve released 0.10.1.

1 Like

Curious question and not sure if this has been asked before, but is there possibility to use SimuCUBE on PS4?

There seems to be a way to do it with separate micro controller at this moment:

I also were wondering that is it possible to use HE Pro pedals through SimuCUBE to save up 1 USB port?

to use simucube on a ps4 you only need a 30$ gimx adapter, works fine

1 Like

For pedals or SimuCUBE -> PS4 connection?

SimuCUBE does not have load cell amplifiers so connection with load cell pedals is not directly possible. If someone designed a 3.3 V load cell amp circuits, then it would be possible.

1 Like

You mean something like this http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=199 or something completly different ?

One of my customers is using gimx on our 9Nm system the reports have been very good so far

2 Likes

Something like that. But Leo’s circuit is for 5 V output, and the SimuCUBE inputs supports 3.3 V.

Currently on 0.9.7 with Lenze, looking to upgrade, wondering whether should do so now or wait for latest round of fixes. Anyone advise?

latest round of fixes are mostly related to setting up biss c absolute encoders and setting up the absolute indexing mode with those. There are some reports on usb issues in releases after 0.9.7, but the 0.10 series of releases have checkboxes to get things back to working as they were in 0.9.7.

There is also a report of 0.10.1 update over 0.9 series release not working, but I haven’t yet had time to replicate that.

Ok thanks MIka, will just wait for when the next version is ready, grateful for swift reply and have a fab weekend!

I have just tried to replicate the issue with 0.9.x -> 0.10.1 update not starting. I could not repeat it, it must be some kind of a complex issue that requires further debugging than simple try.

I was trying to update from v0.9.10 and it did not recognize SimuCube as being connected so I stepped up to v0.10.0 first and then I was able to install v0.10.1 successfully.

Similar issue here when updating from 0.9.10 - although I used the new version of the config tool neither I got the message that FW is too old nor the wheel was recognized, but whyever I could use the install FW button.

1 Like