Something else that will be in the release:

2 Likes

test simucube 0.10.0 pre4 under windows 10 build 1709
installation OK simucube and save settings OK
dirt rally = OK
rfactor 2 = OK
raceroom = OK

1 Like

Anybody have a problem getting 0.10.0 to load properly? Its like stuck in a loop. I install it and it works but then pops right back up to the update screen and reloads 9.9. I can load 9.9 and 9.10 just fine and it shows 10707 for granity.

1 Like

Are you sure you are running the new version of the configuration tool? The whole package, not just the .exe file?

1 Like

Installed without issue.
Works fine in iRacing.
Will test other titles today.
Thanks Mika!

Thatā€™s probably the issue.I knew it would be something simple. Ive never had to do that yet but I havenā€™t had the wheel as long as a lot of you.lol How do I do that?

Unzip the whole zip file and make sure to run the Configuration Tool only from there.

1 Like

The one that say simcube configuration tool exe.? If thatā€™s the correct one thatā€™s how I have always done them.

Yes but it has to be the one inside the newest folder each timeā€¦ If you have a shortcut it will take you to the older versionā€¦ So I am not sure what would be going on if you are having issue with the Newest SimuCUBE Configuration tool in the Newest Unzipped location.

1 Like

Figured it out. It wouldnā€™t work with out directly loading it on the pc. I had it on a usb drive because if im on here im on my laptop and I donā€™t have email on my gaming pc .Once I transferred it off the flash drive it worked perfect. My fault.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help guys. Like always great support even when its my fault.:smiley:

1 Like

0.10.0 has been just released. Edit: :beer: and midnight :sunny:

Those that tested, thank you! The released version is the same as pre5, or pre4 with added language selection setting.

4 Likes

Thanks as always Mika.

i ran into an issue with the wheel centering being off after configuration.

this is what i did.

akm53k with biss-b
opened motor configuration, select existing ioni config, pressed next button, choose automatic, press next,
go through initialization, select ā€œstart automatic commutation setupā€, center wheel, press next, wizzard completes

close config tool, turn off simucube, turn on, reopen config tool, wheel position shows -318 degrees.

repeat the above, again.
this time (2nd attempt), after reopening the config tool, the wheel position shows 0 degrees, as expected

I noticed similar behavior once, but could not repeat it, and no testers reported that. I will investigate this at some point.

I believe this happens if you update the firmware with the wheel not centeredā€¦ ie update right after initial phasingā€¦ I have had it happen a few times and I have always just gone and run the Center Point Wizard to correct itā€¦ I do this after every update regardless as to if the wheel remains centered. just to make sure the offset values are correctā€¦

Strangely because I am so used to doing that I have never done the one test in the sequence to see if it is a permanent issue or just something after update and that would be to restart the drive after updating the firmwareā€¦ If it is a temporary offset issue it would go away on restart and the center would be regained. If it does actually alter the offset at all then of course it would not go away.

Small Mige with Biss-C here. I have the same problem as sv1. After wizard complites the wheel was around -360, should be 0 degrees. Repeat again wizard didnā€™t fix the problem. Restart and reopening the config tool didnā€™t help.