SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Didn’t quite make it to release point, as I had to travel away for the weekend. Instead, the opensource repository and library precompiling process is going well. Someone might already find a rather empty repo somewhere :wink:

3 Likes

This week I will be stuck in Germany on an unrelated work trip, so progress in the SimuCUBE front will happen at the weekend most likely…

1 Like

Can you please add the sign ° for degrees to the profile manager? This would look so much better.

For example:

rFactor 2 540° instead rFactor 2 540

Would this be possible for you please?

I will add it, if it is available in the 8-bit character set.

Thank you also,very apreciated !!!

Status update: got back to Finland on Friday afternoon, but having suffered a flu and fever since. Hopefully back in business soon! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hot Toddy required… 2 tots whiskey, 2 teaspoons honey, juice one lemon, sprinkle of cinnamon, hot water. Drink before bed … wake up … dead flu!!!

Luckely your latest simcubebuild is superb!
So you have time to be sick

1 Like

Perfect Mika, thank you very much, this will help alot for the different profiles.

Back in business!

I decided to add more usb-related debug events and user-configurable action for both the USB suspend and the USB stack getting stuck busy -events, so that everyone would be able to use the next version (0.10.0) successfully, and that we would get debug data on what is actually going on with the recent usb instabilities, which might stem from Windows changes.

This task is now complete, so 0.10.0 is again on track. We will also try to debug the new regenerative resistor driving algorithm, as we have realized through customer feedback, that it does not work optimally with high back EMF motors such as large Mige and the huge Kollmorgen servos.

7 Likes

Hi Mika

Can you please add a “Restart drive” button to the configuration tool, like the one in Granity?

It’s handy if the wheel is not near center when powering on the SimuCUBE.

hmm, not for this version, but I’ll put it on the list of things we might implement. There is the reset center -button that you can use in the meantime.

1 Like

Anyone want to test 0.10.0 prerelease today? :wink:

Me, but I don’t have Biss-c

thanks. This time, due to some changes, also users with regular encoders will be considered.

Ok for me for mige
Dirt rally
Raceroom

… Tonight

1 Like

Im a new biss-c owner since last friday.

I could do any test you need , maybe tomorrow, as today i have to go work and then a lot of stuff to do, but i Will be very glad to help if i can do It.

1 Like

I can test AC / rF2 / AMS and PC2 using the SinCos encoder on Small Mige.

Yes, I can help testing it.

SinCos on large Mige.
Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

1 Like

Do we have someone online who can consistantly repeat the “settings not changing” when uploading a new drc file in the wizard?