SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Its up to the game developers to do better effects…

Of course, but if they develop FFB based on retail consumer level wheels then we will always have this issue.
They need to develop updates with the forces of DD wheels in mind, that’s why I assume you must have at least reached out to the developers to consider the growing DD community.

:smiley:

We are trying to talk, when issues come up that can’t get solved otherwise. But there are time limitations involved. A simple email discussion can get very involved, and I have very limited time. I would very much like to get the firmware forward with new features instead of trying to solve a game that has problems in itself rather than the firmware.

1 Like

here is a fix for iracing https://youtu.be/iEuzjXP17oM?t=140

2 Likes

Well I just wanted to say well done on the latest release Mika my wheel has never felt better. I did a Iracing Lotus 79 race at Monza today and at the end of it I was sweaty lol but the force feedback was superb. I usually dislike Iracing’s FFB its always felt dead but not anymore.

1 Like

Next 0.9.11 test version should be ready soon… :slight_smile:

To add, I fixed what I broke last week, found a few bugs, but still need a round of testing with BiSS and with Index point indexing.

4 Likes

Kiitos hyvin paljon!

I can do some tests tonight on
RaceRoom
dirt rally

I can do pcars and ac tonight.

Thanks for the offers. I would mostly be interested in users with biss absolute encoders, and those that can find strange indexing bugs, as no FFB changes will be made into next release.

It won’t be tonight, but I have fixed some major bugs and usability issues. I do have access to Sincos, BiSS C absolute and also a normal 2500PPR encoder with an index point signal, but one never knows if I can be thorough enough…

1 Like

I ended up changing and condensing the package format for the status data that SimuCUBE sends to the Configuration Tool. This allows for future expansion, but makes older Configuration Tools incompatible. Thus, a version change to 0.10.x series is coming.

2 Likes

I have the biss so if I can be of any help let me know.

I’m running Biss-B on a Kollmorgen, happy to help if need be @Mika.

1 Like

Today, some final bits towards getting the source code structure ready for the repository release was performed. Next, need to build a project with some precompiled parts, verify that it works, then some documentation…

2 Likes

for 0.9.11 ? or 0.10.0 ?

I don’t know which one will be released :slight_smile:

Basically. 0.10.0 is the same as 0.9.11 with just the added feature of fault location ID in the tool, and a change of the package format between Configuration Tool and the firmware.

2 Likes

There might be a test version for 0.10.0 available later on today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok for me for test on raceroom and dirt rally
… But i’m going to the cinéma to see the Last jurassic :grin:

No game testing will be needed. Do you have BiSS encoder?

No I Don’t have biss

1 Like