SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

in another news, I managed to make F1 2017 work on my machine at least.:grin::beer:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great news Mika

I dont play that game, but i canā€™t wait more for a proper directinput damping (098)
With proper friction (097)

That will be Raceroom Heaven!

Thanks Mika!

Friction effect fix is on the todo list next. It is kind of difficult as the broken version makes the whole rig, including my non-QR rim and diy button box, shake quite a bit, even on low ffb. Kind of worrying about breaking something.

Mika is there an eta for 0.9.9 ?

No ETA. I think it will be this month, though.

2 Likes

Today, Iā€™ve updated the SimpleMotion libraryā€™s required parts to take advantage of the new features. It was not a plug&play job to update the complete library, but this work should be enough to support the required features to implement new FastUpdateCycle formats.

10 Likes

Great news, thanx, Mika!

No wonder why the friction effect was impossible to use. It accidentally made any tiny friction force 65535 times too high :smiley:

Also, Iā€™ve changed the USB stack reset to do something less aggressive than what it was in 0.9.8 version. I couldnā€™t trigger the bug by abusing an usb extension cable as Iā€™ve managed to do it before, so this will need testing.

Upwards and onwards. Release should be some of these daysā€¦

11 Likes

Further testing revealed something strange, as in the Dirt Rally friction effect not really feeling at all. It turned out, that it was 100 times too small now. :smiley:

6 Likes

Just got my osw from sim racing bay and I have to say im so glad I didnā€™t go with the accuforce. Keep up the great work!!! All your hard work is really appreciated.

5 Likes

Yes its a big step up over the accuforce :slight_smile: people donā€™t like it when i tell them that at the iracing forums :smiley:

4 Likes

Today, I tested the separate autosetup-of-commutation sensors -dialog.

Also, fixed a bug in which the motor config wizard would hang for no reason.

Also, debugged the DRC file uploading yet again. Didnā€™t find anything wrong this time either. Could be that the Motor config wizard reads back data from SimuCUBE too early, and that data would show still the previous CPR settings. Has someone who has stumbled on the DRC not working -bug actually checked what gets put on IONI via Granity?

2 Likes

Autosetup of commutation sensors requires a large amount of work to actually take advantage of it. This includes the new fastupdatecycle format in Simplemotion. Iā€™m thinking of releasing this current version quite soon, but I will not be able to make extensive tests until late next week.

So, over the weekend, I shall try to compile a test package for a few people :wink:

5 Likes

Itā€™s impressive the amount of work you put into it all. Wish I could help, but Iā€™m just not capable, it dazzles me enough just to get it all to work.

Mika Ill be building another box today ill attach a befor and after DRC if you like.

before & after drc and the debug logs would be fantastic. I would prefer if you would use either 0.9.8 or a test version I will send you in a minute! :wink:

0.9.8 says this version is not recommended due to know issues. So should we be using 0.9.7 until 0.9.9 comes out? I just did a brand new PC install (OS, games, everything) and wondering if I should use v097 or v098.

By the way. I was able to play F1 2017 no problem 2 or 3 months back. I keep reading that it doesnā€™t work but it worked for me.

Yes, use 097 until Mika releases the 099.

I have been beta-testing 099 today for about 4 hours with zero issues, but we need more testing before it can be released into the wild.

Mika will update with potential release date.

Cheers,
Beano

3 Likes

Anyone else up for pre release testing?