SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Installed didnt work until I rebooted my PC then It said " hardware settings not configured run the configure motor encoder wizard and centre point wizard"

Ok now

OK. That worked, but I also had to run the “centre motor, encoder and center point” wizard. Is this part of the process?

Profile Management works very well good job!!

1 Like

Hi
Im new here .Sorry might sound stupid but where to download that?

Yes. Every time there is a change on the second decimal of the version number, the firmware will currently disregard all settings and write them over with default settings, and the wizard will have to be run again.

Just when I walked home huge 300 m distance from the office, I was thinking on how to make the current profile stuff “solid” so that when there inevitably will be more settings, all of them won’t have to be wiped up completely when new settings are added. I can’t promise that this will happen for 0.8.0, but sometime, yes.

This was hopefully the last closed-beta release for the first 60 people that ever registered on to this forum plus some invited members. The open-for-everyone release will be next week, if no major issues are found in the current version!

2 Likes

Thats great Mika . Thank you for your work

Thanks for clarifying that.

May not be a bug, but I notice it is not possible to permanently rename a profile. It will remain renamed until you close down and re-start the SimuCUBE configuration tool, when it then reverts to the original name.

Also, when you select a different profile on the drop down menu you do not have to click “Save settings to SimuCUBE”. So I assume each profile is permanamtly saved on SimuCUBE.

Please write this to the bug reporting thread.

Each profile is indeed permanently saved on SimuCUBE. If you select another profile, the selection is also instantly made in SimuCUBE too. Save to permanent memory for all profile data (added profiles, changes to current profile, etc.) only happens if user clicks the save button. If there are any unsaved settings, there is supposed to be red blinking text alert next to the button.

3 Likes

Whoops. My mistake. Sorry. Done

No issues here as well.

An option to duplicate profiles might be useful.

Anyways, thanks for your hard work, Mika!

1 Like

Duplication and reordering will happen.

Actually, I just did Copy current profile -functionality. It works.

It will be released tomorrow, when I will also try to implement the fix for the known issue of cancel->crash.

2 Likes

awesome.

then there is nothing stopping me anymore … besides the little fact that i dont have a direct drive wheel :grin:

Now you have one more reason to invest on one :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah …
i always hesitated due to the diy factor of it. nowadays with all the simple solutions i dont have any excuses anymore. it will come sooner or later. for so long i am just here and at other places reading threads and am just happy with all the progress, especially with this new open source firmware. everything is really really promising.

the idea is to get a direct drive wheel once and never need a new wheel, at least a new base.

I am a hardware junkie and SimuCube is one hardware that I think I will keep forever until it lasts.
If you are looking for a longterm solution, it can’t get any better then this. Don’t think for a second.

minor bugfix+feature build is out.

If someone would consider to give a good default value for Torque Bandwidth Limit for newly created profiles, that would be nice.

Cant Wait to start playing with the settings, I know every driver has a preference for “feeling” but compromise of feedback from the car itself is fundamental to control. MMOS has served its purpose, lets see how simucube evolves this?