SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

release is out. SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Public Beta release thread

3 Likes

Simucube firmware version 0.50.4 is available for testing. I would like someone to now test upgrade from 0.10.x (should not be possible anymore, firmware update will stop) and from 0.11.2 (should work OK.)

I am available to test but I am on version 0.50.3

Is 0.50.4 going to release today?

I will try to accomplish that. There were no testers who could test upgrade from 0.10.x, and there are no other changes in the firmware, so a bit hesitant to release…

1 Like

Simucube 1 will be getting new features and usability improvements.

One of the first ones will be easier to use bumpstop settings.

Participate discussion here:

6 Likes

Thats wonderful news Mika, me and my friend just recently bought SC1`s and looking forward to improved software and other improvements in the future.

Great Mika! Really looking forward from an old user of SC1!

1 Like

That sounds great, any idea when this will be released?

we have just reworked some internal things for the bumbstop effect, and it appears that the damping is at least more stable now. But no timetable, we will distribute the focus towards SC1 again after we have exhausted the todo list for Simucube 2 and its filters.

4 Likes

Is there any news about the schedule of Wireless kit to be sold from distributor? For DYI purpose on SC1.

They can be bought already.

Thank you, Mika. I’ve be looking. I’ll check again.

any news about Simucube 1 updates? or is this dead?

1 Like

Its no stress but would be interesting to know “where we are now” according to this picture.
(This pic was posted the 21 of may)

1 Like

We are still on the “Now” -part. We are still adding new features to Simucube 2 software and firmware.

2 Likes

Is it possible that we will get some kind of “truedrive” type of preconfigured settings/filters for simucube 1 as well in the future or that will be a simucube 2 feature only?

Simucube 1 development will be continued some time soon, and bringing the template profile functionality and the upcoming Simple UI mode, is under consideration - but not decided yet.

2 Likes

1 vote plus 1 sixpacks of beers from my side if you implement the functionality into simu1 as well :slight_smile:

Just an idea: if the development takes time and its expensive perhaps you can start a new project(open an account on kickstarter or just give us a paypal address or whatever) for that one, and everybody can send few dollars to contribute to the cost of development.
I am satisfied with my lenze+simucube 1 and if it is possibel to improove it and move it a bit closer to the simu 2 i am more than happy to pay for it…

Anyway in a given timeframe i will upgrade to simu 2 thats sure but i would wait until the preorder period closes…

1 Like