SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 2

Development of 0.11.5 is progressing; now there is basic profile tab functionality working with separate thread that reads HID reports (wheel position), a separate usb communications thread, and a separate UI thread. Butter smooth and much easier to maintain.

There is still a lot to do for this, as the profile reordering, motor configuration wizard, analog configuration wizard, fiirmware update wizard and a wizard we won’t talk about yet will have to be implemented in this new threading system as well.

10 Likes

Thanx Mika,
I guess we will catch up this next weekend, just have to get through these busy days in Tokyo first.

See you Saturday!

Cheers,
Beano

Today, the profile reordering dialog was changed internally to use the separate communications thread. This gives us confidence to trust that the technology works. Unfortunately, there is a separate internal software project pending, which we will jump to right now. The fruits of that project will get told in due time. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can’t handle all the teasing! :weary:

1 Like

The feeling is mutual. :wink:

1 Like

Some of the features we’ve been developing can be found by following the links here:

1 Like

I would really prefer if you write everything here as well as I don’t use Facebook or Twitter.

4 Likes

Same not interested in Facebook or Twitter

Same here, aswell . no fb - twitter

Yes I agree, I don’t have or ever want either one of those things. Please keep us up to date here also.

Me too, no fb, no Twitter and don’t want either one…

Hopefully, the us forum folks will get to stay in the loop here as well!

+1
I would like to see the conversation originated here.

I think the same
OSForum +1000

1 Like

Guys,

If we want Simucube to grow and have a strong stance in the DD market, it’s non negotiable that Mika and Terro go to FB and Twitter.
I am not a user of them either, but I recognize I am the minority and they need that exposure.

I think if the same info is disseminated on here, then it doesn’t matter if they use social media to drive more traffic to their product.

2 Likes

I don’t think people are asking Granite Devices not to use fb or twitter, just to also continue to post information on these community forums, which I’m sure they have every intention of doing.

Its reassuring to know though that I’m not the only person in the world who don’t do fb and twitter.

2 Likes

It would be nice if they would have given out the black friday promotion codes that they were talking about here aswell.

Those were specifically related to launching those new social media channels.

Social media is marketing and visibility, this is just our quite small and limited forum. Both have their purposes.

Tero did mention about those codes in the post, and also both social media pages can be accessed without a facebook/twitter account as well.

3 Likes

I think the cat is out of the bag. We might share some screenshots soon.

5 Likes

Now I cant wait to see what the other two pictures reveal that you guys have been working on.:smile:

1 Like

Just two teaser pictures.

2 Likes