SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Beta version 0.7.x bug reports

hello everyone! sorry, if I do not ask my question in the right place of the forum, well, my problem is the following … I have a big mige 15050, simucube plate, 480 / 720w, I am following closely the work of Mr. Beano, MIKA, I updated to the last version the ioni pro hc, and I made the change of Mmos to SIMUCUBE, the last version, everything perfect to the first one, I tried it in AMS, and everything perfect, but, yesterday when I reconnected the osw, I got into AMS, and just when I started the exit of boxes … the steering wheel started to spin without control, and tried to return to Mmos following the tutorial:
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Installing_MMos_firmware_into_SimuCUBE#Case_C
when I get to the step of selecting the DFU file, the only file that recognizes me is the simucube bootloader.dfu,I suppose you should select the mmos, but do not recognize it as dfu.
I would like to leave the new firmware installed, because I want to put the new 3.7m cpr encoder, but if I do not solve the problem, I want to return to Mmos.Un salute and forgive my extension in writing

Please make sure you have mmos as dfu file. It was distributed as .hex at some point, and it has to be manually converted to dfu file.

Also getting more data from your issue with AMS would be helpful. Did that spinning stop when you exited sim, was SimuCUBE still detected in the control panel and the Configuration Tool?

Hi Mate,
You need to take the MMoS hex file and convert it to a dfu file first, then you can select it. Follow the Case C details on the Wiki, it explains what tools to use.

Cheers,
Beano

hello phillip, thanks for responding, I’ll try again, I’ll follow your instructions.thanks

Multiple inputs of buttons issue:
Mika the new firmware works very well for me, the only issue I found is the multiple inputs of the buttons. The problem is that when I press the paddle shifters, frequently I change two gears because probably I press them too much.
That issue was not present with the mmos, probably the category of buttons must be changed in on/off (i suppose but I am not experience in this matters)

Hi,

thanks for letting me know. Nobody tested the buttons very well in closed beta. The debounce time is 10 milliseconds. I might change that to 20 ms for the next version.

1 Like

sorry, I open the dfu file manager, and I do not recognize any hex file in the Mmos folder, I’m a little clumsy xd

There should be a FFB2014nnnn.hex file too…

MMosForceFeedback.ini
MMosForceFeedback2014.exe
MMosForceFeedback2014LOC.dll,no more files phillip

You have only the application there. There is another zip you need to download :wink:

Download from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz2d40kny8gbdnc/FFB2014-0.99.2.hex?dl=0

Many thanks phillip, I was looking for where to download it, I could not find it!

You’re welcome, hopefully you get it sorted! :slight_smile:

Today I installed the new firmware on my SimuCUBE. Also did a short test drive and everything worked fine there, so there is no problem in general.

This afternoon, I tried American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 and both do not really like the SimuCUBE FW in its current state.
The problem seems to be with the FFB.
You might already get into trouble when you try to assign the controls, because choosing a controller can lead to a crash.
Second, there is no FFB or only an insignificant amount when driving, it just doesn’t seem to work at all.

The problem with the crashes seems to be solved by deactivating the FFB in the game.
It might also be a good idea to use the wizard to assign the controls, I didn’t have issues with that one crashing.

When set up like this, the wheel can be used, but of course without FFB there is something missing.

I know that ATS and ETS2 are currently not on the list of supported games, but I hope that at some point they will work. :slight_smile:
And maybe someone here has an idea how to get this worked out.

Edit: there is a free demo of ETS2 available, which might be helpful to fix the problems at some point.
Go to the steam store page:

There is a button “Download Demo” on there.
Don’t know about ATS, but if one of them works, the other will as well.

Yes, sure, simucube was detected correctly, that’s why I was surprised, it was all correct and when I left the box, started to spin like crazy, the worst was that I hooked my new sennheiser hd600 headphones and broke, xD, the truth is which was very good beta, but I have been afraid and I have returned to Mmos, soon I will try again with simucube, I will buy the sincos and it is not compatible with Mmos.

From what I’ve understood, crashes in some games other than iRacing happens when going into car rather than on start?

If you want to give more debug data, here are the steps.

1. Install Microsoft Message Analyzer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44226
  2. Start the Message Analyzer. Start a New Session -> Live Trace -> Select Scenario -> USB 3. Do Not click start.
  3. Click start, then immediately do the thing that crashes the game.
  4. Press stop (the square on the top of the window).
  5. File -> Save As -> All Messages -> save to file.
  6. Repeat the thing so that the game does not crash in similar situation. Save to different file.

Then share your files with me; you can msg me in private to the links, as the files from Message Analyzer could involve data that might be something, such as list of all connected devices,usernames, etc. that you should or would want to keep in private.

Everyone knowledgeable would quite easily able to try to find a the difference when iRacing starts! :stuck_out_tongue:
Easy way to get a sense of the message log output:

1. Open field chooser
  2. type usbdevice into find field
  3. on usbdevice, right click and add as grouping
  4. Find a device in the listing that looks like SimuCUBE. Most probably its the one with the most number of messages (in parenthesis). You can double click on a message to see transferred data. You can invent some filters to see only some type of messages, etc…

Yes I get similar in P Cars 2 generally when going from lobby or pits to track.
i try not to move wheel till cars is on track as that is when the wheel becomes active there is a small amount of time when you hit race and see the track till you can drive this is were it has crashed

I use Martin Ascher’s shifters directly connected to the simucube.
no double shift whatsoever with the new fw.

double shifts do occur for me once in a while with some osw converted Fanatec rims. those are connected via usb, of course. But that is a known ghosting issue, and has nothing to do with the simucube fw

Next version, the 0.8.0 which has some obvious bug fixes and improvements, in addition to scaling forces using MMC on drive rather than scaling the commanded value, has been compiled. However, I was not sure sure if it worked totally OK in all situations, so I did not want to release it openly just yet. I can share that file on special request to a few testers that “want to be on cutting edge and live dangerous life.” :smiley: Please PM me.

Edit: this limited-time offer has now expired.

I own the same gear directly connected but I have registered many double shift after installed the new firmware. Please Mika change the debounce time