SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Beta version 0.7.x bug reports

Ok, I did this and captured traces of both a good start in AC and a crash.
I also had a look at the data, but tbh, to me it looks like useless chatter. :stuck_out_tongue:
I will upload the trace files to dropbox and send you the link.

The only thing I noticed is that in the crash case, in addition to all the “Interrupt In Transfer” messages, it shows a lot of messages like this:
Complete URB_FUNCTION_BULK_OR_INTERRUPT_TRANSFER with Data

But I think it’s just the same and only the summary is different and doesn’t look like some error message anyway.
(except that I have no idea what I’m talking about here and this is possibly all wrong. :thinking:)

Ah, two hints for those having a look at capturing traces with the message analyzer:

1. You have to run it as admin or with security group rights, otherwise it won’t be able to capture
  2. If you’re on Win7, you need to select the USB2 provider instead of the USB3 one as Mika wrote above. That is, because the USB3 provider does not exist on Win7 (only Win8 and later).

As you can see in the 0.8.0 release notes, i’ve already changed that to 20 ms (from 10 ms).

0.8.0 will be hopefully released soon.

2 Likes

Hello,

everything works fine for me except that when i restart the computer, the Software doesn’t find my steering wheel again.

This was not a big problem for me, but yesterday i drove my online rally and after 10 stages in the sim the Software “crashed” and it was the same issue as when i restart the computer. I switched off the SimuCube and then switched on again and everything worked again.

Do you have a idea what i can do to solve this problem?

I never had this problem before with MMos and nothing changed in the meanwhile between the switch to the new firmware/software, so it’s no problem with cable or usb controller.

Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Andreas

All types of USB issues are being worked on next. I don’t know about this type of issue yet, so good that you reported it.

Ok thank you very much for the information. I’m looking forward for a solution.

hi ,

the simucube run well on iracing , also I can’ t connect to granity since I make the update from mmos to simucube .

I have this windows when I connect to drive on granity 1.13.01:

unknown device type : 9376 at bus 8
unknown device type : 9376 at bus 25
unknow device type : 9376 at bus adress 253 in firmware upgrade mode

and this message If I want to connect :

" Unsupported device model connected. Try upgrading Granity to latest version. Connected device ID 9376 "

in the wiki video for instal simucube this first step is not describe :

Bootloader Installation
" This step must be done only if you have NOT previously installed a SimuCUBE bootloader. Generally this is the case if your current SimuCUBE firmware is of version 0.5.x or earlier or when migrating from the 3rd party MMOS firmware.
Please connect to drive with Granity and make sure that SMO value (SM Bus Address Offset), found on the Goals tab, is 0. If not, change it to 0, save to drive, and restart drive. "

perhaps is this point wich made the defaut ?

how can I correct that ?

thx

EDIT:
sorry I forget to click on enable ioni configuration !!!

MY PROBLEME IS SOLVED .