SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Beta version 0.6.x bug reports

Thanks for testing, because I can’t seem to reproduce these. I agree that they must be some kind of platform/configuration specific issues with regards to type conversion from double to int and back. I did change some of the code for these.

There is the known issues in the release thread. I think I will have to think about a proper page for bug reporting etc. for the public release.

newer ones? doh! i didn’t know there was a newer one.
i’ll take a look.

I get the Number alteration Bug as well… Could it just be a display level bug in that the number being shown is a rounded version of the number actually in the memory?

For the most part I have only seen the “Known Bugs” it seemed to go quiet after the last release and other than a couple minor usability things on the boot loader that Mika and I are discussing I haven’t found anything else.

I don’t think so, I checked some of these values with Granity and here these got saved correctly. Hoever also Granity has some fields were values got changed after saving. One of these fields is TRA2.

I just did another test. Saving some of the changing value’s with the Simucube Config and reading the values than with Granity, they already changed. Re-entering the values to Granity and saving these. Re-starting Granity and connecting to the drive, values are correct.

Closing Granity and open Simucube config, now it shows wrong values.
Closing Simucube config and re-open Granity, values are still correct.

So, I believe when Simucube config is reading the values from the Simucube it’s changing them already and these will be autosaved immediately.

Please try 0.6.3 which I released a few seconds ago. Only changes are to the filter value rounding.

Ok, other filters seems to be good now; Attenuation dB and Q Factor still buggy.

Thanks! I will fix them too for next version.

If I remember correctly the changes we make in the SimuCUBE firmware are not migrated to the IONI Flash and remain in the SimuCUBE memory this is why when you reconfigure the Servo using the IONI profile everything changes… Mika please correct me if I am wrong here.

Ioni filtering parameters are stored in simucube flash, not in ioni flash in the simucube firmware.

Stolber’s problem is understood now and it is a real bug that I now know how to fix.

I made a poll about whether the Ioni firmware update hangs on people or not.

Please test and answer.

Just want to report in and say I have not experienced any issues whatsoever with the lastest FW. The only thing that I am finding a little weird is that ever since updating I cannot seem to feel the “rubber” of the tires anymore on filter 5. All my settings stayed the same but I don’t know if its me that’s used to the filter now or something else is going on. Relevant settings are posted below. I’m using Brion’s max power settings for my big MiGe.

I can absolutely say that nothing in the reconstruction filter setting was changed between these releases. It must be some other setting you have.

Lowering the tbw will give a more rubbery feel.

i noticed a couple of small spelling mistakes

@falcon2081
I think, it’s the Attenuation dB of -5.5 dB which numbs it down.
Either deactivate the Peak and Notch filter completely, or try it with Attenuation dB set to -1.5 dB.

The only thing that’s changed has been the TBW to 2200. I used to use 1500 but even at that setting it was the same. The feeling only changed after I updated but like I said I think it’s due to just me getting used to it.

@Stolber I need the peak and notch filter. I don’t like the feeling of the wheel as I’m turning it and return it to center. The response is slow. I will lower the Attenuation db and give that a shot.

Hello Mika,
I had this when I initially loaded 0.6.1b. Even though reconstruction filter was showing 5 the filtering action was not taking place or loading, I know the feeling when it is off and that is what I was feeling.
I had to go in and select 5 again from the dropdown list and next time out after doing this I could feel the filter applied as it normally would feel.

Working fine since then.

Just so you know… My newest settings when using the reconstruction filter are quite different…

TBW = Unlimited
Reconstruction = 5
Notch Center = 8.0Hz
Attn = -5.5db
Q = 0.1
Dampening = 6%
Friction = 0.5%
Inertia = 1%

I am still playing with settings quite a bit, with the reconstruction filter producing a cleaner input signal the telemetry based inertia and friction are coming through more clearly it appears so it is altering the effects of the filtering and allowing it to be applied more accurately to what the filters are supposed to do.

Reading your other post if you do not like the return feel to center in that it is too slow increase Inertia and/or decrease Friction. Increasing the TBW allows more information to be passed through to the wheel as well which increases feel.

Friction and inertia filters are impacted directly based on your settings, there is no external (game) telemetry impacting to these filters at this point in time, I doubt there ever will be.

Possibly for other effects if the community develops and API to feed such information to the SimuCUBE…

Cheers,
Beano

If the recon filter is running at 2500 (If I remember correctly ) would’ve the tbw be wasted set@at anything above that value? What I’m I missing if that’s not the case?