SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware: Beta version 0.6.x bug reports

The application froze for me too after the firmware update

I’m on Windows 10 Pro

Otherwise everything is working again. Managed to flip the DFU switch while not harming the precious acrylic case. Hopefully won’t need to do that for a while again! :smiley:

ok. Did it crash before or after you pressed the Finish -button? I have a few thoughts why it would happen. Improvements will be in the next version.

for me, I at least tried to click the finish button
(win10 pro as well)

1 Like

Anybody else who cant get the steering angles in RF2 and Simucube to match up setting 643 in both rf2 and simucube with bump range at 0 % to give lock to lock of 643 in simucube??

works perfectly in AC so it prob something im doing wrong in rf2

I did not make it to click finish before the configuration tool hanged up.

All good, it seems that windows usb api will act differently on different windows versions. I corrected it now so that the connection handle will be properly disconnected, set to 0 and the whole api gets unloaded before the configuration tool will attempt to close itself. I suspect the crash was coming from there, but nothing critical as it is supposed to completely close anyway at that point.

Despite the info that there is no need to update the firmware to version 0.6.1.
I did it anyways, now the “Configuration Tool” crashes always a few seconds after “Verifying… this should take around 5 seconds.” message shows up.

Ok, thanks for trying it.

Note, that the firmware is unchanged, and only the bootloader and the configuration tool were changed.

I will continue to debug tomorrow.

if you start the config tool, press the “update firmware” button, but then change your mind and hit the ESC key (or CANCEL) button, the whole app shuts down and disappears.

when you restart the config app again, it says the Operating Mode is “disconnected” and the wheel does not work.

If you ever start to upgrade/flash firmware on any device NEVER try to cancel!
You could easily turn it in to a useless brick.

Let it finish the upgrade and then revert if need be.

i agree, but this happens on the very first tab of the wizard, before the upgrade/flash even starts.

I get what you are saying. I just wanted to point out the risk potential.

The config tool puts the SimuCUBE to bootloader (firmware update mode). If user decides to not update (before pressing Next to the update firmware question), the device can be recovered to normal mode by power cycling it.

This is by design, not a bug.

I will add a note about this in the dialog.

^^Yep, I have tested this on the weekend and it works fine :wink:

Cheers,
Beano

It actually puts the SimuCUBE into firmware upgrade mode only when user clicks Next for the first time. I’ve now added a warning about this.

Just tried it, only once this time.
Worked flawlessly. :smiley:
Great Job

Why so quiet?

People not finding any bugs, and having to much fun? :slight_smile:

I didn’t find any bugs in 6.0. So haven’t updated to the newer ones.

Although I have noticed occasionally a little bit of noise which wasn’t there in version 4. Using recon 10. But Mika said nothing has changed concerning ffb since v4.
I’ve checked granity to make sure my settings haven’t changed and they are still the same.

The newer ones are basically just a tiny change to the bootloader and bugfixes to the configuration tool. The Firmware is still the same.

I would be very interested in seeing whether or not the config values still change by one in a strange way…

I would say, all the remaining bugs (that I know of) are no showstoppers.
I only checked the bug’s which I reported before.

The bug of negative “Bumpstop range”, setting “Center frequency Hz” to 1.5Hz are corrected.

1. The “Attenuation dB” bug ist still in
    Set Value for Attenuation dB
    -1.9 dB get set to 1.8 dB
    -1.8 dB - OK
    -1.7 dB get’s 1.6 dB
    -1.6 dB - OK
    -1.5 dB - OK
    -1.4 dB get’s 1.3 dB
    -1.3 dB - OK
    -1.2 dB get’s 1.1 dB
    -1.1 dB - OK
    -1.0 dB - OK

2. “Other filters” bug also acts like before. All fields Dampening, Friction, Inertia act the same.
    Some magic value’s I found (they probably more)

• 0.63 % - OK
    • 0.62 % get’s 0.60 %
    • 0.61 % get’s 0.59 %
    • 0.60 % get’s 0.58 %
    • 0.59 % get’s 0.57 %
    • 0.58 % get’s 0.56 %
    • 0.57 % get’s 0.56 %
    • 0.56 % - OK
    • 0.32 % - OK
    • 0.31 % get’s 0.29 %
    • 0.30 % get’s 0.28 %
    • 0.29 % get’s 0.28 %
    • 0.28 % - OK
  3. Q Factor
    1.1 - OK
    1.0 - OK
    0.9 - OK
    0.8 - OK
    0.7 get’s 0.5
    0.6 get’s 0.5
    0.5 - OK
    0.4 - OK
    0.3 get’s 0.2
    0.2 - OK
    0.1 - OK

I could create another video, but I think it would look like pretty much the same to the one that I created before.
To me all number changing bug’s are are either rounding or number type converting problems.

@Mika, maybe you could add a “Known Buglist” to any future changelog.