SimuCUBE firmware 0.10 series bug reports

I can confirm I have seen this through some different FW revisions, current,y using 098 and it is working fine…but in 097, it was there for me.

I will test again once you release next version :wink:

Oh perfect Mika, very cool that this future will work in the next release, great. :slight_smile:

I found a bug.

Audible notification beeps was not saving properly.

Fixed for release.

Also found another bug in the Motor configuration wizard. Fixed it already for release.

3 Likes

Tested 10.3 public beta few hours this afternoon.

Update was easy and painless, as expected, had to do servo hardware setup again, restart and all good.

No issues at all, nice and easy, thanx Mika. FFB behaviour also excellent, hasn’t changed for me from 0.9.10, so it feels very stable now. Let’s see other feedback from community too.

Cheers,
Beano

I had a windows 10 crash today, it was a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.
Simucube latest update was applied last night so I don’t know if the 2 are connected.

Almost sure that is something else on your PC. I have never had a crash/BSOD, whilst testing any version of Simucube. I have tested many versions on a variety of pc’s…

Test again and google the codes in your crash-log, then feedback here. Basic steps to follow to determine reason for a crash.

I stand to be corrected, will be surprised if it indeed is the new FW.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

It appears that there is something funny going on with the drc file upload feature again. Investigating.

and fixed. I’ve just replaced the release file here:

Thanx Mika,
Yes, I have not tested that feature, as I am old-skool and just do the config manually :lol:

I will test tonight when I get home, let you know!

Cheers,
Beano

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, since upgrading from 0.9something to 10.3 I have a static spring effect in RF2 once I am in the race screen?

This is irrespective of whether I turn DirectInput spring right down, and I have checked the controller.json file also and nothing has changed there (no static spring).

I have had a similar issue with project cars 2 where it feels like there is always a centering spring on in earlier versions but thought that was just an issue with pcars specifically (had the same problem with the first one).

Assetto Corsa works fine though…Any ideas?

I have tried power cycling and also resetting the center/setting up the motor again with the ioni DRC file for the Sincos encoder…

Do you have the desktop centering spring effect on? Could it be, that rf2 has changed and creates the FFB effects only when going to car or something?

While this is happening, what does the active effect indicators show in the Configuration Tool?

I have just come across the same problem in Project Cars 2.

Not touched my rig for 2 weeks. Just fired up v0.10.3b for the first time, having updated from v0.10.1 Pre1. As soon as Pcars2 opens, a heavy spring effect appears on the wheel. If I click on SimuCUBE, the spring effect immediately disappears, but returns the moment I click back onto Pcars2.

I do not have desktop centering spring on. Never do.

I had DirectInput Effect for spring at 100%. Assumed this was the problem. Reduced it to 0. But made no difference, even when I closed down Pcars2 and restarted it. Still heavy spring effect.

Ok, I will investigate this.

Desktop centering spring is unticked, the other thing I notice is that the bumpstops dont seem to work like normal either when this is happening. Active effects showing damper + spring but even if you turn spring from 100% to 0% there is no change.

The wheel acts normal in the main menu (no centering spring) but comes on once the car ffb is active (race screen).

The issue I have had with PC2 is on the calibration screen, when I turn the wheel to the left to start calibrating the axis the centering spring effect comes on and is so strong i cant turn it far enough in the other direction to calibrate. That behaviour is again even if you have spring off in both pc2 options as well as the simucube settings.

I have googled the issue and haven’t seen them come up anywhere so it is probably some weirdness only affecting me maybe…its a Sim-Plicity SW20+ if that is of any significance…

Oh yes and it seems that the ffb is not ‘active’ until it hits that race screen (then you hit ‘race’ to go in-car). Previously I have only ever seen damper active on the direct input thing so spring showing up is new. But it was working fine before the last RF2 update which I think was only rain /gfx optimisations using simucube v 9.10(think it was that vers).

I had that too in pcars2 when trying to calibrate it when I first got my wheel. I actually forgot about it until I saw this because I haven’t had to re do it. I just turned the overall power down in simcube until I was done calibrating it and it worked fine. But obviously not the ideal way. Its weird too because it works fine one direction but not the other when you try to calibrate it.

Hi @Mika I have gotten to the bottom of it after posting in the S397 forum. It seems that the ‘brake/clutch/gear’ effects on steering axis settings which probably did not do anything when I played with them in previous versions of your firmware NOW work in the 10+ versions. I tried downgrading to 10.1 with the same issue which someone else in the forum mentioned worked fine for them with the same wheel.

Someone else suggested I turn them all off and when I did, the spring effect has gone away so I assume you must have added something in 10+ which suddenly made those settings go from not having any effect at all to doing something very annoying lol…

No FFB changes have been made between 0.9.10 and 0.10 series… Strange.

1 Like

No idea then what could potentially have caused it, the ‘spring’ effect never showed as active in the prior version despite having the exact same player.json settings, maybe there was also some change on the RF2 side that triggered it. Either way if anyone else pops up with that issue down the line at least a google will hopefully show them the solution.

Seems no bug reports since 0.10.4
Now that’s a good sign!

Well done guys!