SimuCUBE firmware 0.10 series bug reports

Well done! :sunglasses:

Testing.

can someone come up with other possible state transitions? :slight_smile:

Bug report (and fix is already in the next version).

SimuCUBE firmware will hang up, if 0.10.0 is installed to a SimuCUBE with IONI firmware older than version code 10704 (1.7.4).

1 Like

The above bug also caused the SimuCUBE firmware to go into recursive eternal loop and not respond to Configuration Tool at all, if IONI was in Firmware Update mode for some reason. Same fix fixes the issue.

Also, there was a bug that resulted in the Firmware Update prompt to be shown without need to do so in some situations.

1 Like

0.10.1 config tool hung coming from 0.9.10. I had to go to 0.10.0 first before jumping to 0.10.1

1 Like

At which point did it hang up?

As soon as I clicked on the 0.10.1 config tool. Nothingā€¦nothingā€¦application is not responding.

1 Like

that is very strange. If you updated firmware, can you try if 0.10.0 config tool works?

0.10.0 tool works without problems (both when I came from from 0.9.10, and now on 0.10.1 fw).

My current IONI firmware reads 10707. What is was when I was on 0.9.10 I canā€™t recall off-hand.

1 Like

same here, i tried to shift directly from 09.10 to 10.1 but the configuration tool hangs. It does not ask for the new firmware update. So I tried 10.0, no issues here so far with the firmware update and the configuration tool.

PS: installing the 10.0 version solves the issue. Now it is asking for a firmware update and does not hang anymore.

1 Like

Hello,

the sign Ā° works great in Profile Name, but in Management it shows Ƅ instead of Ā°. Can you solve this please?

Thank you very much.

Happened to me too. Thanks for the tip. Saved me some frustrating moments!

I have now tried to repeat the issue with 0.10.1 tool not starting or hanging up, with two different computers, with realistic as-released 0.9.10 binaries running on SimuCUBE, and I could not repeat the issue.

I had the issue with the SimuCube tool hanging and not starting on two new builds over the weekend reverting to 0.10.0 fixed the issue

Hi,

can you report if 0.10.1 Configuration Tool hangs with different firmware versions installed on SimuCUBE, or does it just always hang for you?

Hi @Mika,
this is my initial situation:
immagine

If I lauch directly the 0.10.1, the tool hang up immediatly.

Now I try to launch first the 0.10.0, and after another time the 0.10.1.

Thanks

I did some further debugging.

0.10.1 Configuration Tool will indeed hang up, if it is launched separately or if user extracted just the SimuCUBE Configuration Tool.exe from the new zip. Also, if the version of the SimuCUBE firmware on the board was just right, then the tool could, conceivably, hang up.

I will release 0.10.2 soon to remedy this issue.

2 Likes

There has been a report on iRacing forums about SinCos encoder ending up always exactly 2 degrees off-center even after re-running wizard on 0.10 series. I do have SinCos at hand, but I havenā€™t seen such issue. Please report if you have this type of issue.

Hi,

It appears that the Qt function that converts a QString to 8-bit character table has functionality that makes it call Qstring.toUtf8() function internally. This function seems to convert the degree symbol not as its decimal 0176 representation, but UTF8 representation instead. This results in it showing as Ƅ.

Unfortunately, the fix Iā€™m looking at is to remove the support for the degree symbol, unless I find another solution quickly.

Edit: scratch that, I have found a way to go via QByteArray, i.e, not to use Qt:s own function at all.

1 Like