Simucube 2 vibrate when turned on

Victor_Guguianu

21m

Torque bandwidth and slew rate limit seems to have absolutely no effet.
On standard mode even with 0 % friction 0 % inertia the sound is crazy. That was not the case with my previous firmware. 1.08 …
Playing with truedrive , i’ve found fixes , but i don’t know what that really do …
Center frequency any value greater than 48hz
+Attenuation DB -24,5 ( anything more and it’s the sound again…)
+Q factor 1.1 or 2.1 ( any other value doesn’t work)
These 3 seems to work together …but I have no clue of what it really means ( settings these i can go up to 50 % inertia no problem , but no more)

Without those value even with no wheel on in standard mode the motor vibrates a lot and make a very loud sound.

With those settings , the ffb doesn’t feel right though :frowning:

What happens if you disable the torque notch filter? It is difficult to use and tune correctly.

When I disable it , the sound is back :frowning:

The more I play with it the narrower I get in settings :slight_smile:
currently no vibration with 228hz + -10,5 DB 0,5 QFactor , Even if I don’t have a clue on what it does…it’s basically tuning down an effect of the FFB ?

That is just the resonant frequency of that wheel that you have found.

also, it would be important to know which Simucube 2 model you have.

Thank you,
It’s the PRO version .

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware? if simucube 2 is started before the true drive software, i still get insane vibration along a very loud noise that even my neighbor can hear.
I m with 1.08 true drive at the moment this didn’t happen with 1.03 .
The vibration and sound is way lower without a wheel on, but still can hear it and feel it.

I m switching for a better QR today (current one is an home made ) may be it will help.

Ok it seems that my home made QR was the problem…:stuck_out_tongue:
I just mounted the one I bought recently no more vibrations…wheel or not , filter or not :slight_smile:
SOLVED !

2 Likes

Same problem for a guy in Racingfr @Mika

That wheel seems to have interesting resonant frequency. We are investigating this, however difficult to investigate that as we do not have that particular wheel.

Same Problem here … i´m frustrated!

I just want to drive…

We have a firmware version 1.0.9 in testing now, which might improve or fix this issue. @Nico_Weber and @Victor_Guguianu would you like to test it?

2 Likes

The firmware version 1.0.9 brings me no improvement. In addition, my Simu hums and rings at Force Feedback. I do not know if it’s broken or a wrong setting.

Thanks for reporting. Does is happen in at startup, and does it in any way change when you enable the High Torque Mode?

Hi,

It happen in Start up. In High Torque Mode it is not. When a high FFB accident happens, it starts swinging / vibrating again (in high torque mode)

Settings will need to be adjusted. Please show your profile-settings in True-Drive.

What type of QR and wheel do you have, and how is the motor attached to your rig?

We have asked from Augury to send a Simulaje F1S wheel sample here for us for SC2 product development purposes. Once we have the wheel we will inspect the wheel and set it up to our development environment to make a specific fix the SC2 torque controller to avoid such unstability that causes the noise. It is likely that a fix for this wheel can be made in the quite near future.

Thanks for Augury & Simulaje to support us to improve the wheel support for this wheel for SC2.

2 Likes

Facts:
-SimuCube 2 Pro
-Augury F1S
-fixed on a Alu Rig with M8 screws

I have tried my settings from standard iRacing up to community settings of this forum. All screws are tight.

This singing sounds as if it comes from inside the engine. It may be that my simu is broken. I try to make a video of it.

The singing is not related to the vibrations at the start. That’s another phenomenon.

I still have the right to return the wheel. I think I’ll give it back and buy another. I can not rely on it to work someday. Which wheels can you recommend?