Simucube 2 vibrate when turned on

Mine has that too, itā€™s a normal sound afaik.

1 Like

So loud that I hear it despite motor sound and headset? I find that absolutely not alright. Then I prefer to buy comparable Direct Drive engine that does not ring so annoying.

Sorry but then the product has me wrong.

I hardly hear it when racing and I use simple speakers on a low volume.

Maybe yours is louder because youā€™re using higher forces than I do? I got TD at 100% (25Nm) and in iracing I use somewhere around 70-80 usually.

The servo drive is designed to follow the simulator reference signal very quickly. The simulator sends out digital force feedback commands which may induce some high frequency resonances / noise. You may try to lower the torque bandwidth and/or increase the force reconstruction filter value in order to lower some noises that may be present. However the sounds from the motor sounds about normal but could likely be lowered by adjusting settings. If the signal from the simulator is not processed at all, it is likely to create audible noises, especially with relatively high torque settings.

Yep, I agree fully with Tommi, the servo sounds normal.

In addition to Tommiā€™s recommendation, you can also reduce Slew-rate below 1, maybe play between 0.2 and 1 and see how that feels for you, Nico.

1 Like

But your running it over the grass and into the wallā€¦ Its just when it replicates strong forces. I find mine is very quite provided i have a reasonable amount of filtering applied which is what you want for it to feel realistic anyway. If its under filtered it does get more noisy and grainy but you tune that out.

Sure itā€™ll make a bit of noise running over grass and into walls. Do you intend to do that often?

1 Like

Well, 99% of that noise is the racket Nicoā€™s rig is making under heavy forces, tbhā€¦he needs to tighten a few bolts up, imho

Hi @Mika

Have been reading this thread and am also getting these vibrations, sometimes worse than others (on v1.0.13 and SC2 Pro). some notes below:

• on High Torque mode the vibrations stop or are reduced
  • on higher Damping or Inertia settings (possibly also friction) the vibration is present even when in High Torque mode. The higher the setting, the worse the vibration
  • I turned damping up to Max very briefly while idle in the car on AC and, without saving settings to the servo, the vibration got so violent so as to turn the wheel. to be honest, I canā€™t remember whether the wheel turned first or I hit the Emergency Stop first, but it was frightening.

The strange thing is, it seems the settings have an impact on the servo BEFORE clicking on ā€œSave Settings to Simucubeā€. is this expected?

I am using a DIY wheel rim and not the best rig in the world, but it would be great if there was a way to tune this out (if there isnā€™t something wrong with my unit, I mean)

in the meantime I will try rubber washers on the Servo to Rig and also Rim to SQR and report back.

Most likely any rubber washers are only going to make it worse.

Do you have the resonance reduction checkbox on in True Drive?

Yes, settings are automatically applied to the device. The save button only activates and can be used to permanently save the settings.

Hi Mika, yes Iā€™m pretty certain I checked that last night. I think it was already on / on by default if Iā€™m not mistaken.

thanks for the heads up re rubber washers. are there any other solutions you think I could try? is it possible it could be a fault with the unit itself?

a lot of the settings Iā€™ve seen for AC suggest 100% Overall strength in True drive and adjust the strength of FFB in-game. I might try the opposite to see if that makes any difference.

Using 100% in game gain with AC would be undesirable.

Most of us seem to be using a combination of 100% in TD and a then a range of 25% - 45% gain in AC. Give that a try and see if you feel an improvement.

Thanks @EsxPaul, this is actually what Iā€™m using but thought that, just maybe, the opposite (i.e. 100@% in assetto) could have a desirable effect on the vibration issue, hence my suggesting trying that, but will stick with current method per your advice.

@Mika I checked the resonance reduction filter and makes very little if any difference

1 Like