Simucube 2 vibrate when turned on

3 rubber washes seems to have solved it!! If I have all 6 it still comes back which is weird. 20190610_161815|375x500

Iv also got a reply from Augury. They are not awear of any issues an didnt have any problems when testing. Theh are going to take a look anyway as it seems strange to them. Would you guys be able to message them as well

damn i have the same issue with F1S , but even with no wheel on if *i put my hand on the motor i feel little vibrations when turning it slowly.
When i put the F1S , it’s simply unplayable really big noise, tuning high torque on reduce the noise , but in game i still feel vibrations and it’s annoying.

Is this still happening with the latest firmware version?

Just installed it it’s even worse, now same thing with no wheel on …:frowning:
I recorded it, but I can’t send the file as the format is not supported : MP4

Torque bandwidth and slew rate limit seems to have absolutely no effet.
On standard mode even with 0 % friction 0 % inertia the sound is crazy. That was not the case with my previous firmware. 1.08 …
Playing with truedrive , i’ve found fixes , but i don’t know what that really do …
Center frequency any value greater than 48hz
+Attenuation DB -24,5 ( anything more and it’s the sound again…)
+Q factor 1.1 or 2.1 ( any other value doesn’t work)
These 3 seems to work together …but I have no clue of what it really means ( settings these i can go up to 50 % inertia no problem , but no more)

It is then most likely a resonance issue with that wheel,and you are not the first one to report it.

Inertia over 30% sounds like a lot, and might be just outside of stable operation.

What happens if you reduce torque bandwidth or decrease the slew rate?

Victor_Guguianu

21m

Torque bandwidth and slew rate limit seems to have absolutely no effet.
On standard mode even with 0 % friction 0 % inertia the sound is crazy. That was not the case with my previous firmware. 1.08 …
Playing with truedrive , i’ve found fixes , but i don’t know what that really do …
Center frequency any value greater than 48hz
+Attenuation DB -24,5 ( anything more and it’s the sound again…)
+Q factor 1.1 or 2.1 ( any other value doesn’t work)
These 3 seems to work together …but I have no clue of what it really means ( settings these i can go up to 50 % inertia no problem , but no more)

Without those value even with no wheel on in standard mode the motor vibrates a lot and make a very loud sound.

With those settings , the ffb doesn’t feel right though :frowning:

What happens if you disable the torque notch filter? It is difficult to use and tune correctly.

When I disable it , the sound is back :frowning:

The more I play with it the narrower I get in settings :slight_smile:
currently no vibration with 228hz + -10,5 DB 0,5 QFactor , Even if I don’t have a clue on what it does…it’s basically tuning down an effect of the FFB ?

That is just the resonant frequency of that wheel that you have found.

also, it would be important to know which Simucube 2 model you have.

Thank you,
It’s the PRO version .

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware? if simucube 2 is started before the true drive software, i still get insane vibration along a very loud noise that even my neighbor can hear.
I m with 1.08 true drive at the moment this didn’t happen with 1.03 .
The vibration and sound is way lower without a wheel on, but still can hear it and feel it.

I m switching for a better QR today (current one is an home made ) may be it will help.

Ok it seems that my home made QR was the problem…:stuck_out_tongue:
I just mounted the one I bought recently no more vibrations…wheel or not , filter or not :slight_smile:
SOLVED !

2 Likes

Same problem for a guy in Racingfr @Mika

That wheel seems to have interesting resonant frequency. We are investigating this, however difficult to investigate that as we do not have that particular wheel.

Same Problem here … i´m frustrated!

I just want to drive…

We have a firmware version 1.0.9 in testing now, which might improve or fix this issue. @Nico_Weber and @Victor_Guguianu would you like to test it?

2 Likes

The firmware version 1.0.9 brings me no improvement. In addition, my Simu hums and rings at Force Feedback. I do not know if it’s broken or a wrong setting.