Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Dude most if not all your posts have been out of line and insulting to people who have been actively supporting this community and helping newcomers for years. This could be fine if you knew what you are talking about and if you were bringing any value but you are always missing the point in what you are reading and your arguments are, sorry to say, a joke. All you are doing is dissing valid points made from other members and sucking up to Mika and GD. Nobody needs this here so please tone it down.

4 Likes

@Mika it is pretty clear that the paddock is the way forward and GD is not going to listen anything different regardless of the valid points made from all of us here, fair enough you got to do what you to do.

I personally donā€™t care at all about the online settings sharing system or the support to new peripherals like lcds or whatever. I only care to know what the plans of GD are in respect of the DD development itself (additional filters, etc.) to improve the actual FFB. Despite of the numerous posts talking/asking about that, we got the silent treatment. So we would appreciate at least to know your plans on that and please for your response.

6 Likes

Sorry for asking but I am a bit out of the loop here cause I am a newbie when it comes to DD.

What is the problem with the current filters or what improvement is needed?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree 100% (although I personally would like the direct change of filters through H/W available)

Short term the filters directly help improve the FFB. So supporting this request big time. :+1:

Some random additional thoughts, that might make sense or not:

Longest term: The most important improvement(that I can think of) is within each Sim, and those will likely improve hugely. The potential there seems extreme & not something GD can really impact directly. It might not make sense to develop all kinds of stuff that takes year to do, only to see it rendered redundant as the Sims themselves improve to a higher level anyways. This would be something like shared filters.

Fixing oscillation issues by H/W: Might be beneficial to have the DD wheel bases support effects separately from the ā€œcorrectā€ steering FFB only, so things like bumps, engine vibrations, etc. wonā€™t cause oscillations. This might be possible to do by software for a DD too, but the problem is the weight of the steering rim will have a big impact on the build up of force, so maybe a simple H/W solution would be better suited to kill the issue completely. The sims would likely have to support this to make full use of it, but the fast forces could also be filtered for this mechanism to help the Sims with no direct support.

2 Likes

I will address this later today if the following is not satisfactory.

Mainly it is the amount of time and the overwhelming amount of various forums that are used to share settings.

1. Paddock mode: Setting correct settings to device is one-click, and on the same screen one can see the in-game settings.
    Classic mode: Find a good forum where there are settings and navigate to correct post on forum, use x amount time and scrolling the display to set all settings sliders. Takes anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes, depending on how fast user is with the mouse.

2. Paddock mode: Finding discussion about the settings. One click to immediately the correct forum and the forum post / thread. Settings shared online have a visible grade to get at least some idea about whether the settings are acceptable within the community not.
    Classic mode: need to find correct forum and post there, evaluate whether the settings are deemed to be any good or not. And only then tune the settings to device by going to step 1.

5 Likes

This exactly describes me. :see_no_evil:
Well, the part with searching forums. Not that I am slow with the mouse. :rofl:

guys donā€™t degenerate the thread with personal issues, please

6 Likes

Thanks Mika

What you propose sounds much more promising if that can be achieved. Remaining things such as json files might still be an issue but Iā€™m sure you are already thinking of a way to do this.

If it is to work, I do think it will be important that users are not allowed to publish their TD profiles unless they have followed and fulfilled some mandatory steps that ensure that end user gets the in game settings, screenshots (if needed) and description etc, as previously discussed.

2 Likes

This is not personal. If one threatens to soil a companies name intentionally and propose a tactic to do it systematically (through social media) then itā€™s called blackmailing. Everybody willingly joining that is violating the law. If there are more than 2 it could be even added racketeering, which is a capital crime.

come on dude, chill out, seriously.

5 Likes

The setting of profiles to the device and such already work, reset depends on the community.

Yes indeed. But Paddock just makes this easier as well as the forum post or dropbox link to the correct json files for the simulator can be added there in the game settings field or in the profile description field.

Yes, currently there is a mandatory need to write something to the game settings field. Of course we do not have any type of AI to check if the text there is somehow relevant or not. But those profiles without required settings or great information are filtered with the grading system.

One thing I totally forgot to mention, is that people can just tell on a forum to look for oneā€™s published profiles in Paddock by searching by username. One click to get the settings to the device. No need to screenshot & to share the screenshot anywhere, and the user trying to use those settings, has no need to manually put them in.

2 Likes

I am calm and relaxed. I just donā€™t accept a smear campaign

Maybe Iā€™m being too fussy here but it might be a good idea to nail down only a single place (game settings) where links can be added rather than a choice of two, just to ensure a good consistency and look across all of the published profiles?

Do users have to give grades whenever theyā€™ve tried out somebody elseā€™s profile? If they werenā€™t to bother, do we truly know which ones really are the most highly rated. I understand that you cannot demand that people give a rating but perhaps it could be encouraged with some kind of prompt.

1 Like

I think we will need to actually remove some posts and moderate someā€¦

5 Likes

Well, thats a good point, but it also applies to anything shared on FB or a forum. Most users do not post anything, and only a minority even bother to register to voice their opinion.

1 Like

That is very true. There is generally a very good level of feedback here in the forums but I must admit that you will only find that if you are specifically seeking it out.

Perhaps you still could implement some form of reminders or encouragement to give ratings within Paddock, just to try and help achieve the vision of having it be superior to the forum method.

1 Like

Since youā€™re online, canā€™t TD log to cloud what profiles are actually being used? You could measure in hours driven, number of users driving in past day/week/month etcā€¦

This could be automatic voting just by using. All anonymous of course.

2 Likes

Correct, we could log on device how many hours people are using profiles since the unique ID is also sent to the device when Paddock Profile is used (*). There are no plans on adding this functionality in the short term. However there is a counter on how many users have added a profile.

(*) This is to facilitate always showing the correct profile activated in Paddock (web side) when user selects a default profile, saves that to device, then selects another profile, and then power-cycles the device and the device loads the default profile again. Paddock application (in the web) must stay in sync :slight_smile:

Just donā€™t allow internet for the paddock software then?

Is there some other differences between online and offline software then? I understood that you need initial account but after that you donā€™t have to be online. Was that not the case?

It would be nice and could make everyone happy, unfortunately offline mode is only meant as fallback option with very limited functionality. I am not even sure it will allow cached profiles modification.
Check out discussion here.

1 Like