Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Sounds good Mika.
Thanks for the info.

Just curious, what is the minimum required internet connection speed?

No connection speed requirements as such. The amount of data transferred when the web application is being used, is very very low. I can do some measurements if you need those.

Thanks. The livery was made by the graphics guy at VRL - I believe he is Mark Terrenzi but Iā€™m not sure.

We originally intended to visit the expo mainly to visit our business partners and networking, but due to current Covid-19 situation which was rapidly worsening in the beginning of this month, we decided to not risk our health at this point in time, and abandoned our travel plans.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s new in firmware 2.0?

1 Like

Mainly the same as before, but rewritten and refactored to run on the latest ST Microelectronics HAL, and utilizes Freertos.

And Simucube Wireless Wheel 2 support.

And support for FFB tuning via wheel buttons. (not completely ready yet).

And early support for things that I canā€™t reveal yet.

4 Likes

Because itā€™s what I do. Replied to a message where was claimed that without testing from experienced customers Granite is not capable of bringing up new filters. And that that ā€œeliteā€ is united in not going to accept cloud based online paddock plus not taking part in future testing. I am convinced that they extremely overestimate their influence

Long enough to know that you can look at my summary to get an answer.
If competence depends on years of service, most companies would be run by the caretakers

I donā€™t depend on these profiles and didnā€™t use one till now. I found some good ideas although. I just believe that cloud based profiles, online mode ammo are approaches of the present and Granite is doing this step to ensure that they are on the right way to be at eye level in the near future. Itā€™s about the ā€œtried and testedā€ and that is NOT the present but the past. As customer you can choose the product you like. But you canā€™t freeze a companies development. The Simucube 1 wonā€™t be the sun in the galaxy no more. You simply have to accept that

Ok, continue dissing everybody by calling them ā€œeliteā€.

Multiple wrong observations:

Overestimate their influence?
This group is well aware that there is no attention paid to the feedback.

Against online?
Not so many, mostly just weirded out why time is wasted and their wheelbase now will depend on some online setup that might cause issues if the servers fail, or when granite has to end the support for such service.

Not taking part in future testing?
Most are happy to test just about anything they care for.

But peace and good luck on the forum.

4 Likes

Good point, not the first time a company must close its doors.
We can think of a product out of support but out of order because company fall is a major issue.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not dissing and you should read all messages involved before freaking

Iā€™m trying hard to get out from this convo, but you posted this:

ā€œeliteā€ is right there in your own words, combined with overestimating self influence. If you somehow meant that differently than dissing I simply read it wrong. I am also not freaking, just pointed it out.

Anyways, can we let this get back on track I would be happy.

1 Like

I saw nothing but mumbling shit posting from that guy since he joined, easy solution.

5 Likes

Of course, go back on track

Maybe if we can get past the things i cant reveal yet which has been going on for a long time you could win some of us over with the Paddock. :grinning: I dont have an issue with progress but i do have one with it when it doesnt just work like the old way did. Im sure all of us would be much more open to the Paddock IF we knew it was going to lead to better things and what those things are.

5 Likes

Concerning WOT: self explanatory

Sorry Mika, but I am afraid you donā€™t know your audience that well and going too far with too dumb generalization based on some personal assumptions.

I would wager some of those features might be that SC2 is finally getting data to an external/wheel lcd where some tuning can be done too, but who knows. Possibly by using a well-known lcd-design that has recently been acquired by another Finnish Company who wants to step into the lucrative sim-market who may have recently done a big deal with GD. Marry that to a wheel eco-system, that paves the way for a total solution.

But just speculation on my side, as I have no info to point to this happening or not, just a logical deduction, based on a ā€˜new dd wheel roadmapā€™ I made for GD ~4-5 years ago, combined with some events Iā€™m aware of happening out there.

Like said, best to treat it as 100% conjecture, as I have not been privy to any inside info for a long time now. But I guess itā€™s ok to speculate :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

What is dome tuning?

Finger-troubles. Should have been ā€˜someā€™ but my silly fingers on the iPad caused a problem ā€¦

1 Like

Well said.

Itā€™s used to divert away from answering questions directly related to the subject being discussed.

Feedback was asked for and given but instead of continuing that conversation, we move onto future shiny things that canā€™t yet be revealed.

I asked a simple question yesterday and up till now, no response.

What point does this thread serve if we canā€™t flush out the best way forward for everyone involved.

6 Likes

Afraid itā€™s too late to change anything, GD contracted the company, paid them and some solution was delivered whether end users wanted it or not.
As nobody listened to the voice of reason when this thing was just planned, now itā€™s just "talk to the handā€™ situation.
We can stay on Classic, it still works, change to different brand along with soiling the companyā€™s image on social network, or succumb to changes that do not bring any value but make life more difficult.
After reading Beanoā€™s post just as him I feel depressed and let down, but market is changing rapidly nowadays, GD is not DD monopoly and new competitors are emerging market everyday. Things could be greener on the other side after all.

2 Likes