Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I don’t know, but surely the SC2 bumpstops must be present regardless of what the specific sim does on top.

Here’s a post describing the issue in other simulators.

Yes, but Simucube bumpstops remain where they are set in True Drive, and iRacing generates its own bumpstops that are correct per car.

Okay but did you watch my video? Clearly the SC2 bumpstop behaviour is buggy because it depends on whether I’m in a car or not.
In menu: impenetrable
In car: easy to overcome and “break through to the other side”

If the SC2 bumpstops are designed to be a foundation to whatever bumpstops the game applies on top, it’s broken.

What is the bumpstop range and feel set to in TD?

Hard, 900 deg steering range and 540 deg bumpstops.

So definitely the TD bump stop you are hitting in the video. Does that match up with the bump stop for the car in iRacing? If so what happens if you increase the TD bump stop a little bit so it hits the iRacing one first and then the TD one?

Bumpstops are broken since 2020.10, everything else is a workarround

Nobody has provided me with steps to repeat anything broken behavior, I will however try with settings mentioned above.

1 Like

Hello,

i think that the behaviour is correct but the final user “intend it” in a way that is not designed for. I don’t have any problem with bumpstop generated by sim or hardware but i perfectly know that a bimpstop is a bumpstop and not a WALL.

I don’t think I’ve ever had this Problem, set bump stops and wheel squidges against them, unless I Stack the car front on at an angle, then I just Assume track rod ends broke and I’ve lost steering.

J

I think this is what happens, but I have yet to test:

User has set a bumpstop at X degrees of rotation, and turns the wheel to near that degrees.

Game has its own bumpstops much closer to wheel center.

User goes into car, game thinks that maybe it is unsafe to apply bumpstop force instantly, and thus enables the game’s bumpstop effect only when the wheel comes close enough to the bumstop

At that point, game applies its own bumpstop force, which is very strong and “dangerous”.

This has nothing to do with Simucube’s bumpstops, and the behavior has not been changed regarding this at all. It is just misconfigured settings.

If one wants to replace in-game bumpstops by Simucube’s bumpstops, this game (iRacing) should be configured as follows:

1. Set Simucube’s bumpstops to the rotation desired in the car.
  2. set iracing app.ini bumpstop angle offset to such large value (e.g. 180 degrees or even more) so that the game does not apply its own bumpstops effects at all.
2 Likes

Thats the start of the problem, if I want to use TD 2020.10 bumpstops with iRacing, they ar no longer useful. App.ini bumpstops at 0… Must try 900…

1 Like

But what the game is doing should be completely irrelevant.

If TD is set to apply a centering torque past x deg (this is what a bumpstop is, yes?), then it should not matter what the game applies.

I am in the position where the forces from a crash forced the wheel past the bumpstops, and that you seem to disagree with the fact that this is unintended makes me confused.

1 Like

Fact is the bumpstops works as intended on TD 2020.04, it does not matter what value is set on iR app.ini bumpstop.
By the way, is not unfamiliar situation for me, same applied to Desktop spring forces loosing its function every few seconds (telemetry reading)

@SleipnirRacing @Alfye20

The fact remains that this is not behaviour seen out of certain situations that appear to be to do with something that iRacing is doing. I certainly don’t have this issue in any sims that I play, and it appears that Mika also doesn’t have the issue.

What I haven’t seen anyone do yet is lay out a series of steps with all settings listed of TD and iRacing to allow @Mika to reproduce the issue. Maybe if you do that he will be able to help.

For the devs to sort this out they will need a reliable way of reproducing it.

And TD release notes states changes made to servo software, not iRacing:
"Bumbstops

Bumpstops begin at exactly the same angle that is indicated in the user interface. (old behavior was to be at 100% torque at that point, so bumpstop began earlier.)
Bumpstops are not affected by the constantly operating filters on the servo drive."

Looks like mayor changes to me

Im not a beta tester, just installed 2020.10, bumpstops doesnt work as It should, revert back and warned of the existence of the problem.

No, you’re just a user with an issue that seems unwilling to put the effort into detailing exactly how to reproduce so it can be fixed. Good luck with that!

1 Like

No workarrounds for me, thanks Gods we can revert back to old firmwares

You are completly wrong, just waiting to test that 2020.9 bumpstops since then. Good luck to beta testers

My point is that it should not matter what iracing does. Bumpstops are a safety feature and other software should not be allowed to break TD’s bumpstops.

Maybe iracing changed too, as well as 2020.10, and there is some complex interaction, who knows, but iracing should not be able to make TD’s bumpstops weak and limited. Surely somebody agrees with me on this.

It’s like if I reset my Skype password and my operating system password changes too. Maybe the bug is in Skype accessing the wrong thing, but the OS should never give that control.

1 Like

You are correct, and there appears to be a bug in what the Granite team have done. Are you going to help them find it and provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce? Because all I see from you and @Alfye20 is complaining without helping them to help you.