Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

at all. Is this the newest Version?

Release 2020.10 is the latest.

okay so it is right?:

not 1.0.30 and True Drive 1.0.30 ?

If that launches when you download 2020.10 and unzip it, then it will be the latest.

no problem at home version 2020.10

Hi Mika, hope the next release will include default setting that is drivable for other sims like AC, RF2, RRE, Dirt etcā€¦

Add to that list KartKraft, F1 Codemasters games, and a long shot, Dakar18

If we are doing listā€™s, can I request NFS Franchise & !nsane.

:wink:
J

We will add some profiles to the online profiles. No new updates to the ā€œtemplate profilesā€ functionality is planned.

1 Like

We are ramping up the beta testing of the online profile management system.

Especially testers that focus on making/using several profiles for AC/ACC/rFactor2 etc are appreciated.

4 Likes

@Mika ā€” Iā€™d be happy to join the beta.

I have 15 years experience of designing products, interfaces, UX and research

1 Like

Hello Mika,
I use individual car/settings x track on every sim.

Guys, is it worth updating to 2020.10? (still on 2020.7)

I am still at 2020.4 :smiley:

2 Likes

No reason not to update. We will make the updates transparent in the future so that drivers will not need to worry about them.

1 Like

Did the issue with the bumpstops being limited in extent get resolved? I was just struck quite painfully by the wheel because of this. I crashed, and took my hands off the wheel. Once everything had stopped and the wheel was stationary, I put my hands on it, and it immediately spun at high torque and hit me. The car was sitting on the grass and no forces were acting on it. From how it felt I am 99% sure that this is what happened.

I am pretty sure the wheel had been forced through a bumpstop by the forces during the crash, and come to rest beyond where no centering torque is applied. I must have turned the wheel into the bumpstop from outside it, where it was immediately commanded to center.

I havenā€™t updated in a few months (first time driving in a while) ā€“ I certainly hope this has been fixed, because itā€™s dangerous. @Mika

EDIT: I am sure this is whatā€™s happening, it happened again and I can reproduce it very easily.
I also checked for updates and I am on the latest release. This needs a hotfix.

Video: https://youtu.be/4VrQiMc_mpw

The reason I say this is very dangerous is because itā€™s very high torque very unpredictably. Itā€™s not a gradual increase like when you hit the bumpstop from the correct side, itā€™s discontinuous.
I was in my car with no in-game forces acting on the wheel, the wheel stationary and without any reason to expect anything. Iā€™m lucky it hit the fleshy part of my hand and not a finger.

2 Likes

2020.4 firmware Will solve the issues

Yes, bumpstops have been reworked a lot for 2020.7 and .10 releases. Which version do you have?

I am on the latest, as I said, 2020.10.

Thats a bumpstop effect that is generated by iRacing, isnā€™t it?