Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

This is not very constructive, but I’d just like to say that I am really impressed by TD and happy with my choice of SC2 overall. The polish and build quality is honestly super impressive.

The settings make sense and are easily grasped (I understand why something like low latency mode can’t be explained to a layman in a tooltip), and coming from belt drive wheels it didn’t take me very long to understand how each setting makes the wheel react. I particularly enjoy how settings changes are immediately implemented so I can stop the car, change a slider, drive off again and immediately feel the difference.

I was considering SC2 (sport) beside the VRS wheel and others, and while I can’t exactly say that the SC2 I got beats them (since it’s the only one I’ve tried), I am very happy with my choice. Congrats on a really nice product!

Thanks for the feedback!

It is nice to hear good words.

Just wait on what we have planned next! It will be a rewrite of the profile management system and will be something nobody else has at the moment.

11 Likes

Hi Mika. I recently updated the firmware and True Drive to the current version to take advantage of the new bumpstop settings. I found manually editing all profiles a bit slow, so I edited the .ini file and imported the profiles. I found the profiles were added to the list of existing ones. I cannot find an easy way to delete surplus profiles other than deleting them one by one, which is rather slow. Trying to reset the SC2 doesn’t work. Not a big issue, but what’s the proper way to do it?

yeah, import button does always add all the profiles from the ini file. Delete one by one, or just do not press save (power cycle instead).

Thanks. Power cycling with mouse wheel unlocked is the easy way for quick changing multiple profiles.

I forgot to ask. Is there a keyboard shortcut to go to the next / previous profile? I know arrows and page up/down work, but not when another option was last edited.

There is no keyboard shortcut for that.

I noted that selecting a different profile than the one in use, the new profile doesn’t get selected right away, but I always have to cycle up or down with mouse to “unlock” the list that got stuck, don’t know if that’s clear

Hi - USB hub question. If I run my SC2 sport through a hub, and my hub sucks/isn’t powered enough/whatever - what is the failure mode? Will it just not be detected, or will it go insane while I’m driving?

Thank you!

Failure mode will be random freezes of the visible wheel on display and loss of control of the car.

I’m currently testing 2020.9, and looking to release it before it will be 2020.10.

Changes:

• bumbstop has been moved to start outside of the steering range.
  • bumbstop has been piped to the servo drive pipeline that is not affected by any filters, which will maintain consistancy of the bumpstop regardless of filter settings.
  • there is a function to remove pairing of all previously connected wireless wheels.

Also there are some internal changes that will be told in due time.

Anyone want to test throwing the wheel to bumpstops while driving? :smiley:

6 Likes

Just doing some RBR stages at TD 2020.4 (I like the old bumpstop control) but ready to test it now

Really nice, thanks Mika.
Just to make sure, if I need guaranteed 900 degrees of DOR, what will I need to set bumpstop range to, just 900?

just 900.

I will compile this tomorrow for testing, but it might be that the release will be called 2020.10.

4 Likes

hi Mika, I am always ready for a test

present mika…thanks!

Hello Mika,
This is interesting. I’m curious.

Awesome, thanks Mika!

Test firmware is ready… any other testers? :slight_smile:
Official changelog has been updated on our website.

I’m available for testing