Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I notice it the same as you, with the previous software it was perfect

Isn’t that personal preference?

Sounds like some work was done but not listed in release notes. Unless it’s a placebo, but I’ve never used recon above 3 and found feedback slightly smoother with the same settings.
Good idea for those with issues to post full settings and list sims they have problem with.

I’ll just explain what went on with my experience with 2020.3. I was driving the F3 in iRacing and then decided to updated. Did it all and as soon as it rebotted i just turn the wheel both ways (force of habit whenever i get in the righ) and i noticed a grainy/rubbery feeling to the steering.
Discussed with Mika what my issue was… anyway i made a test profile on TD and set everything a 0 and it was smooth again, Adding any of the following Dampning, Friction & Inertia caused the new feel to come through from the FFB. Hopefully they can try and replicate what’s causing this for a few of us and a new release can come out so we can all be on the latest release :grin:

I’m very new to the world of Simucube and Direct Drive, so know very little about settings, but i could just sense something was off when it updated.

Just my 2 pence for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

Took damping friction and inertia to zero like harry said and yes went away …. not good feel when racing tho …… hope gets sorted soon
Any settings I have stored for every sim I run makes this grinding noise , I leave all settings the same but turn of damping friction and inertia and then its gone

Are these Direct Input or Other filters, there are two sets of them?

other filters ………………….

1 Like

@Mika
Hello,

i confirm, at least for me, absolutely don’t feel any negative grainy feels with all my previous profiles on iracing, acc, ac, f1 2019, dirt 2.0, dirt 4, ams2 , ams, raceroom , f1 2018, pcars2.
with or without damping , inertia, friction, and recon on any setting/% level. i’ve tried to make a set of 10 new random profiles playing with all exposed settings in TD but nothing that feels grainy or produce noise at any strength.

For me the update is absolutely fine with 0.0% issues. Tested for 15 laps on any sim and cars that i drive everyday.

Things to try.
recreate the same exact profile as before the update, delete the old and save the new one to simucube
Unplug the psu from wall and wait the led shutdown completely
disconnect and re-connect the usb cable
Make a downgrade available but i think that is more a placebo effect than a real problem.
( tested on SC2 ultimate and 2 pro unit ). no one have issues.

Just to note:
I’ve noticed that the last iracing patch seems to introduced some ( stationary vibrations ) on some vehicles like mp4-30 , lotus 79, pro mazda. For example at imola with the lotus 79 when you fast turn the steering wheel you can feel a little bit of ( grainy friction ) that is not present , or very hard to feel, before the last iracing update.

bye.

Even after updating to the last §FW I also feel something strange when I turn the steering, like a stuttering friction.It is independent of whatever setting I do

1 Like

I did another test, turning slowly, nothing is felt. Making fast movements feels like a friction / resonance.
I would like to point out that all this I feel without entering into any game, only by turning on the servant. And I stress that I am an old osw user and I have had sc2 since day one

1 Like

@Mika I don’t know if it is feasible or it could be an idea, load the old firmware on a firmware test to make me try it. so you don’t have to do the downgrade procedure

1 Like

About my recon filter set at 1. I tried to increase it in the past and did not really see any improvement. Only at max level I clearly felt it was wrong and what I would describe as grainy or even clunky.

What should it improve on the feel? How would you describe what I miss at 1?

When I tested I was new to the SC2 coming from an accuforce so might be a good idea to give it a second thought =D

Nothing improves at 1 with Recon Filter. It simply is very spiky and unnatural ffb feel, full of noise that some people believe is useful telemetry data from the car. At 1, almost zero filter is applied. Recon filter only starts doing something useful when you start going between 3 and 8.

It is natural that you would feel grainy/clunky behaviour with it set at fast/1. You are seeing almost every valley and peak in the ffb signal. Hopefully people are not using 1 as a reference of a good setting. It’s the worst you can set it to.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Should mention that it varies from title to title. In AC and ACC you can perfectly get away with recon 1, the road noise will be just more pronounced.
iRacing with 60hz FFB update rate needs more.

2 Likes

Totally agree with Andrew, it depends on the update rate. I run reconstruction filter at 1 in ACC, anything higher makes the FFB feel rubbery and laggy.

1 Like

My feedback was assuming he’s using iRacing, as is evident by the cars/tracks he listed - thus my feedback was directed to him :wink:

I downloaded the update and as others have said, there’s a bit of a grainy feel when moving the wheel. This was non existant with the other version of true drive. Is this a normal thing for this version of true drive or should we be concerned?

Try to set Other filters (damping, friction, inertia) to 0 to see if that mitigates the problem.
Seems like it affects only certain units or systems. Could be HW revisions, I’ll let GD speak on that.

The hardware revision that Andrew mentioned is interesting. I wonder if the guys experiencing grainy FFB have early batch servos (without the wireless antenna)?

if it can serve I have one of the first units, purchased on Day One