Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I have the wireless antenna

Mmmm. Looks like Iā€™ve been doing it wrong then :rofl:

Please you all donā€™t use my settings then. :crazy_face:

I confirm Iā€™m on iracing.
What is strange is I noticed the grainy feel at 10. Seems butter smooth to me at 1ā€¦
But as I said I set that the very first day and coming from the accuforce it might just be buttersmooth compared to the AF. Which is grainy by definition and itā€™s mechanical way of working.

Iā€™ll do a test session doing 5 laps at 1, then 2, then 3, etcā€¦ when Iā€™ve some time.

grainy feeling with the wireless antenna (SC2 PRO - Model SC2P01 - SN 0001557)
grainy with AC, ACC, AMS2, RF2, Win desktopā€¦

Wasnā€™t there a case a while ago here on the forum where the settings seem to have the reversed effect on his wheelbase? Maybe then the same thing is going on hereā€¦ saying that recon 1 is butter smooth makes me suspicious.

Mine was bought from Racewerk in February this year that has the antenna on the back :smiley:

To me it seems it is affecting Pro units. Me and other guys with Sport weā€™re not having any issue after fw update

Sport affected hereā€¦

1 Like

sorry to hear man. nevermind, I was clearly wrong thenā€¦

1 Like

SC2 Pro user here, i can feel the grainy in iRacing when in game, but even more i can feel it when out of the game with High Torque Mode disabled (i think TD goes in safe torque mode) also with the metallic noise coming from the base.
But to be honest not sure if the noise was there before or not as i play in vr only with headphones.

Thanks. It fixed DPI issues for me in TD and CrewChief.

1 Like

Batch 1 Ultimate (no external antenna) unaffected here. I was on the test firmware until today, upgraded and feels exactly the same to me.

Itā€™s quite bad for meā€¦ not sure if itā€™s actually effecting the feeling/ffb of the wheel thoughā€¦ Only can really notice it when there is no force going through the wheel or when the car is stationary.

Can you explain this method? The grainy (or rubbery) feeling makes the experience really awfull. With the previous 2020.1 firmware I had no issues at all.

1 Like

Got the antenna on the back (SN 0001727) and also the grainy feeling since I updated to 2020.3

hello for me too itā€™s like rubbery. I prefer the old driver how we can come back please itā€™s not great ā€¦

hello for me too itā€™s like rubbery. I prefer the old drive ā€¦

Grainy and Rubbery are opposite ends of the spectrum though. Are people saying the new firmware can cause two separate issues with feel or is there confusion over terminology?

1 Like

itā€™s grainy for meā€¦ metalic grainy feeling

nothing changed for me with Pro, all good and smooth.

I got something funny during a iRacing test session today.
After Ā±5 corners it felt like my FFB did a reset.

With only TD active on screen I tried to simulate my driving:
Turns to the left are heavier than turns to the right, turning the wheel 7 times Ā± 100dgr left or right resets the FFB.
Turning the wheel Ā±100dgr 6 times left OR 5 times right resets the FFB

What happens during something I call a reset

1. Wheel feels heavier for a split second.
  2. looses FFB and turns to 0 dgr slowly.
  3. FFB turns on to original FFB level.

Turned off a lot of things to check if it comes from a single slide

• Bumpstop
  • Bumpstop angle
  • Hands off detection
  • D / F / I, tested 1 by 1