Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Hello, I also notice a grainy feeling in the direction and it makes more noise, before it was silent and smooth in the direction. Please give Mika the option to go back to the previous firmware. I have a simubuce2 pro. Greetings

Welcome to the forum!

We are considering whether or not to allow downgrading for all users. I just did it today for @Harry_Rutland and it seems that it does work as it should and does not clear profile settings completely (which I thought it would do).

3 Likes

I remember there was an issue in the past with corrupted recon filter settings. IIRC user set it to max, saved, set to original value and saved again to recover.
Guess creating from scratch profile would work too.
I have no grainy feeling in AC or ACC after update. SC Pro.

Just wanted to provide some feedback on the new update. I love the new automatic hi torque mode and less ā€˜beepsā€™!
the second thing is iā€™ve been racing the same car and same series for a few weeks in AC, no changes made after firmware update to anything, I noticed that the understeer effect seems much more noticeable. I have no complaint, just wondered if that was all in my head or something changed? Iā€™ve only had the simucube 2 pro for a couple of months and am still learning the software, the latest update seem like a great improvement though! Thank you

I also have a grainy feeling since the last update and it really feels really bad

Another thing that has been doing since the two weeks that I have the device is a metallic noise inside the base when turning the ringless pineapple from left to right with the engine off

with the engine running and the ring on there is somewhere that noise is noticeable

Hi All, where can i choose default wheel setting for AMS2 for SC pro 2 ?

Hello Mika,

Iā€™m extremely sensitive on this things but , honestly, I donā€™t feel any grainy / noisy issues after upgrading.

I donā€™t know if this grainy occurs in very fast movements or is always present but I canā€™t feel it at the moment.

If you want to test something let me know. No problem to test it on my unit.:wink:

Hello,

Can I ask you if the grainy feelings are ( always present ) of if is noticeable when you have very fast movement in steering ?. I want try to reproduce this grainy feeling.

Hi all,
I will do some extensive testing on all filters tonight, I know behaviour quite well, as well as understanding the function of the individual filters.

If there is anything obvious, I will be able to identify it for Mika.

Let me check and I will share my thoughts with him.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

And on downgrading the firmware stopped feeling the wheel grainy?

Mika, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to have the option to revert to earlier firmware if they want or need to.

Itā€™s a win win for all parties. Users get to go back to a version they felt happier with and you donā€™t get bombarded with support requests.

2 Likes

I have done a good few laps now with the Mercedes GT3 in iRcing, around Spa. Tested basic filters like Damping, Friction and Inertia, dropped the Recon Filter from 5 down to 3, and it felt really very decent.

With the Recon Filter at 5 though, keeping everything else the same. I found it a bit to rubbery for my liking, also a slight elastic-band feeling around center. Again, I think it is ever-evolving nature of Tero and Mika striving for perfection wrt smoothness, and in any event, like said above, reducing the Recon Filter gave me a very similar feeling as I had with the old FW.

Another thing I have noticed, recovering from slides in iRacing feels even easier and more natural. I just did 5 consecutive laps, the consistency is through the roof, less than 0.05 seconds variance over 5 laps. Not bad for a relatively old man :smile:

Just my 2c anyway.

Cheers,
Beano

4 Likes

Hello there,

Did already around 10 hours with the new FW (including the beta test). Drove the Z4 @nordschleife, the ARX @Suzuka, V8 @Sebring & Silverstone.

As of now nothing strange or grainy. I did not change any settings following the update appart from enabling the auto high torque mode.

Iā€™m on a SC2 Pro like most of the people having the issue so it looks like it does not impacts everyone.
Only point when I had a grainy feel was when I received the wheel the first days and was testing all of the filters. Il felt this strong grainy effect when cranking up the reconstruction filter to the max.

Hope those with the issue will have a fix soon :confused:

how come Harry gets it and no one else gets offered the downgrade to get rid of this awful noise

Hi,
Please post a screenshot of your TrueDrive Profile settings, letā€™s see how those with the grainy feel go if they try your settings. Might help us narrow-down where the issue is.

Cheers,
Beano

I feel some slight graining when I do fast corrections on the wheel. (In iracing)
These are my settings on my sc2 pro:
sc2pro

Just as a test, change Recon Filter to 3, Damping to 25, Friction and Inertia both to 15. Let me know what you feel then wrt graininessā€¦

Hi Phillip,

That actually made it feel worse, now the grainy feeling is there even on slow inputs on the wheel.

sc2test

Hello Folks,
Same grainly feelings, here. Even in windows, grainly feelings became active when a 1% damping factor is applied, with all the other filters off. It also occurs with 1% friction only, 1% Inertia only and naturally with the centering spring option only.
SC2 PRO - Model SC2P01 - SN 0001557

@jawee In my tests on previous firmware youā€™ll need Recon at 8 to fully get rid of the graininess. Problem is the wheel can feel a bit more sluggish then, Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a bit more lag. But if you want a really smooth wheel like a Bodnar thatā€™s the way to go.