Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

We will investigate this for the next version.

1 Like

What is this telemetry ? Itā€™s data for GD ? from the game ?..
Iā€™m still on the 1.0.10ā€¦ Iā€™m waiting the 1.0.14 to update.

It is anonymous technical data from the device.

1 Like

With upcoming fix for No telemetry consent, will it stop collecting the data and turning off torque?

Yes, but collecting data does not happen when there are force feedback effects active. We will maybe replace the torque off with new torque calculation iterations instead so it will be transparent also when on desktop.

1 Like

Ok, I see.
Thanx Mika ! :+1:

Slightly off topic Mika but I remember you saying before the Summer shutdown that there were some big things in the pipeline for True Drive that you hoped would release later in the year, have we had these updates yet? Iā€™m not in any way disappointed with the wheel as it is, just excited about what else could be squeezed out of it via the software!

We have improvements/additional features to some filters in work, also Reconstruction Filter v2 is gaining development focus, we have a new torque controller coming up, and lots of filters on idea list!

However, while some work has been done, we have not been able to get things to a stage where they would be in a real test version, as we thought we would at this pointā€¦

3 Likes

No worries, thatā€™s all pretty exciting! Will sit tight :smiley:

Hello,
the new torque controller itā€™s a new hardware module or is software based ?.
thank you.

It is the part of the servo drive firmware which calculates the output torque at any given moment.

Today, making great progress in making tests for the center point handling.
Also, managed to reduce True Drive CPU consumption by half.

10 Likes

Wow sounds like a good breakthrough :nerd_face:

Think I have had mine two months and only just seen this, I have been one of those new to DD who have just been minimizing

Is there an ETA insight for a new version with 360 Bug fixed?

Edit: Should read first before post :man_facepalming:

Great news Mika ! Good Job

Yes, I do think itā€™s important for manufacturers to take some time to ā€˜think like a rookieā€™ when it comes to providing Instructions/Manuals, etc. with systems. What may seem obvious to a mfgr, may not be to some new owners. Of course, Granite has been doing a good job responding to and answering questions. Hopefully, everyone agrees there are ā€˜No Dumb Questionsā€™ for new Simucube 2 owners.

Hello,
what is error code 480701 in true drive ?.

Itā€™s listed as a communication fault. Nothing serious, I believe.

There are a few posts about it here: 480701

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: SC2 Ultimate noise over time