Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Not great with any of the wireless wheels I have. I never see more then 40 and that’s actually not hooked up. For some reason its worse mounted. Just take it off the qr and move it towards you and it goes up from 20-30 to 40s. Makes no sense. But ive never seen anywhere near 100.

Yes one is a MA wheel with the antenna.

I have ultimate without antenna and ascher b16m-sc, I get 100 signal

3 Likes

Have analog clutches, till they figure that one, its wired for me… never really bothered me…

Yeap 4 of my wheels have clutches so wired

I wonder why some of us see such low numbers and some don’t. It seems even stranger if I move the wheel farther away from the qr towards the seat it gets stronger.

@Mika

Some feedback

1: when changing profiles sometimes the profile doesn’t change to 2nd one, you have to select a 3rd profile to be able to then select the 2nd one.
2: the fault error mentioned earlier occurs when you have simucube powered one before starting true drive but lately following misbehavior is noted
3: if I start simucube before starting TD, the e-stop does not register. Pressing and releasing has no affect in TD and status does not change. Even though e-stop is released TD shows it as pressed.

Best way found it to start TD then power on simucube

Nothing critical just some misbehavior

1 Like

Just starting to use the wheel and it feels really good sofar!

But I have found my first little issue.

It seems the bumpstop maximum strength is a percentage of the overall strength.

So when I run a high downforce car and have my overall strength at 100% and bumpstop max strength at 80% I get a really firm end stop. But when I set overall strength to 40% for a road car, the end stop also feels weak, and I easily steer very far into it.

If this is indeed true, I think it would make sense to have the bump stop strength as a percentage of maximum motor strength, so it can be stronger than your overall strength.

4 Likes

I found that issue too with RicharBurns Rally needing a mechanical bumpstop, and may not be possible to change that

Small issue/request: could you program TD so that the window that appears with the slider for enabling high torque moves with the TD window. I always put the TD software on the right screen of my triple setup because the wheel blocks a large part of it but the slider window still appears on the center screen (with the view of the slider being almost perfectly obstructed by my wheel). TIA.

3 Likes

i get 17%. Triple screen - button boxed - P1 rig etc.

3k and the manufactuter is ( not ) able to send the new module and still people that try to convince others that this is ( proffessional ) ?.

i like my ultimate but this is the first ( and last ) time i spend money on this solutions.

2 Likes

17% is obviously unacceptable, have you contacted GD to help troubleshoot this?

Same here ,drop below 10 % often and i got 2 Ma wheels and button boxes wireless that even Martin sent me new antenna more long to replace and still get poor receiving… definetely not Martin side since i ever change antenna …i would take an exterior antenna from GD for sure :frowning:

That not nice to hide the problem … Some of us got really poor reception , Help !!!

So when you guys are seeing 10-17% how does it affect performance? Are you noticing mis shifts or unresponsive buttons?

Sometimes i see even less ,i already got like 1-2 % while looking at true drive , and yes happened sometimes that mis shift and/or unresponsive buttons ,even disconnect and reconnect few times :frowning: ,that rare but still so anoing ,specially for that high quality setup :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm… I’ve been in contact with Martin about a wireless B16 recently, I was planning to purchase from his next run but this makes me a little nervous :grimacing:

Maybe you are living in a forest of WiFis like me :sweat_smile:

+40 SSIDs are accesibles in my home, no free channels to transmit without trash

got you guys beat on that , 50+ wi fi devices, two access points, 1 router, 2 x 2.4ghz, 2 x 5ghz , B16M on ultimate - 100% signal. its sitting 3 feet from the access point (router)

no interference issues, ultimate with out external antenna

How does this help them?

It helps to calm you :wink:

Is there a possible way to turn off the back leds? at night they are so annoying flashing maybe they can add a feature in TD to turn them off.