Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Ouch, I can see with some extensive profiles tweaking it might not last that long.
Can it read profiles from HDD, have an option whether it should save to Eprom or not?

not at the moment. We haven’t seen any flash failures during Simucube 1 lifetime yet, so it is not an issue.

1 Like

With 10 saves per day average, I assume single save is single write, not multiple, EPROM will be outresourced before 3 years of service, correct?

Nice to know at least i know now when im setting up a new car or tuning for the week to not save until the end of the session. That’ll keep my down to only a couple saves a week. Which is a 96 year livespan. I can do that … :slight_smile:

4 Likes

noticing that the profiles don’t change some times, you have to select a different one to get to the one you want.

Also, where can i get good information on ultra low latency mode and slew and slew rate helped with gt3 cup car but had to bump up for mx-5

also details for peak notch filters would be good.

Have you read the user manual?

I have to again :slight_smile:

Is it possible to add definitions / small explanations in True drive when you mouse over or click like in Iracing:)…just feedback :wink:

Please note that it may be game dependent if changes are made to the software on the track. It is best to jump into the box or the menu with ESC before making any changes.

Still having issue where the profile doesn’t change when selected from the drop down, then I have to try another one and then come back to the one I want.

I can confirm this as well.

It doesn’t seem the notch filters are too important or needed with the Simucube 2. I think they were more important with the OpenSimWheel and the Simucube 1. In fact, they were quite important with the OSW & SC1. There were pages and pages in the iRacing threads getting a good setting for the 3 different notch filters for the small and large Miges (and the settings would sometimes need re-tuning after firmware updates). The notch filters are very important to minimize or eliminate oscillations for the OSW & SC1 and also have a slight overall effect on the overall FFB behavior (which I liked) but, ya. it looks like the notch filters aren’t too important like they were in the OSW & SC1 days so I wouldn’t worry about them.

Ultra low latency mode just seems like another filter along with recon, friction, slew-rate, and damping which can affect how sharp, detailed, smooth, etc. the FFB is. Most people seem to adjust and discuss recon, friction, slew-rate, and damping while ULL doesn’t seem to get much attention for some reason.

1 Like

Im using UltraLowLatency mode to match my monitor/system latency.
I can see on screen when the wheel is in sync or not with my physical wheel.
For me its spot on at 18%, anything les than that and I clearly see a delay on screen steering wheel and this can cause oscillations. If I go over 19 or 20%, all is more harsh and no beneficts.

Edit: Talking about iRacing in this case, but im using the Same ULLM in other games

5 Likes

Hi guys

Is there really no description for Peaking and notch filter in the manual, or am i blind?

Hello,
someone know what people should have to do to have the antenna on this manual?. i don’t have any antenna connector or antenna on my ultimate.

bye.

Hey Albert,

there no solution to solve this. I had the same question to GD. There some units with antenna unit and some without. They did this because there was a discussion a long time ago to put and little antenna on the back as the asher racing wheels have.

But as far I know there are no difference in signal strengh so far.

No matters how much people spend… everything that is produced is in a pre-alpha nowadays. I have to stop to be an early adopter.

1 Like

what i cannot unberstand is “why” change this “if” don’t make any difference ?. incredible.

1 Like

As long as it works properly wouldn’t you rather have the ‘clean’ version without an antenna sticking out of the back of the unit? That’s how I’m looking at it, glass half full :smiley:

4 Likes

GD is doing something what fanatec is missing since years - listening to the community. After the changes of the QR system from the first batch the Community gave the proposal for the antenna. GD listend to it and did some units with this solution.

5 Likes

One of the benefits of not making it into Batch 1 I guess. Not sure what signal strengths are without it, but I don’t drop below 98% with the antenna.