Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Have you carried out the recommended edits to the controller.json file as specified here under “Software Wheel Rotation Explained”: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/11/roadmap-update-november-2018/

I’m using the SC2 Pro and have “Vehicle Set” ticked in game. My wheel rotation matches each car perfectly.

2 Likes

Like I said, it’s hard to tell the difference, because the amount that the rotation is incorrect is sometimes very small and the fact that it does indeed do something to reduce the amount below the max, but still not the correct amount. I’ve tried the Mclaren Senna GTR just now for example, and when you have it setup the way they describe, the wheel rotates roughly 280 degrees while in the vehicle. When outside of the vehicle the rotation is accurate and does indeed rotate 538 degrees as it should, too bad the driving isn’t done in the menu.

Correction! It seems it does indeed work now. I had to edit the controller file within: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Controller

Not the one that’s actually called controller.json in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player

I have no idea how the priorities for these files work, but it seems for this scenario at least, it’s the file that’s in the controller folder and not the file that’s in the player folder. What an incredibly convoluted thing.

So, yes, my problem is solved.

2 Likes

Okay, that makes sense then. The file named “controller.json” is the active settings file that the game uses for reference details. You’re not the first person to make that mistake. :wink:

1 Like

@Mika, is there a plan to release True drive software for SC1? Maybe same TD software can support both SC1 & SC2 with some areas greyed out for functions not supported by SC1 etc. But same design, colors and so on.

Currently the SC1 project is still using the old UI, and has lots of stuff that are really SC1 specific, such as the motor configuration wizard, and the fact that not all SC1’s have the Simucube Wireless Wheel receiver module. Once we get some of the todo list emptied for SC2, we will think on which way it is more efficient to continue development. No decisions yet.

1 Like

I guess i found a bug, sometimes i loose the center point of the base, it goes up to 360°.
This also happen when i change a filter setting ingame

Me too lose wheel center it was upside down when I put power on and started true drive. Never happened before. 1.08 inside.

This is a known issue to us, and will get fixed soon!

5 Likes

Do you “save settings to Simucube” when changing filters on the fly?

Sometimes, doesn`t make a difference

I’ve had the problem of losing center since v1.07. It happens only with my Polsimer wheel, not with the SMC wheel I have. Sometimes it’s -360 degrees, and when I then reset the center in stead of going to 0 it goes to +360 degrees and I have to reset it again to get it to 0.

Btw just to add; it doesn’t happen all the time and it seems to happen mostly when I switch on the base before having TD opened.

Awesome tutorial on True Drive. Definitely deserves sticky status.

6 Likes

Great video! Thanks for posting.

Also is there any chance that wheel profiles are something that will eventually be added to True Drive? This way you can set permanent centers for different wheels instead of resetting every time you use a new wheel, also this could allow multiple wheel images to be used in the UI, along with any other wheel specific config options.

Yes, multiple wheels with separate center point is to be implemented, as well as auto-loading of the wheel image based on the name of the Simucube Wireless Wheel.

We do not have visibility or means to see which USB based wheels are being used, so managing those with our software is not on our list of things to implement at the moment.

1 Like

Cool. Totally understood, I was just hoping for a drop down list to change the current wheel if it is not detectable.

BTW, I got my batch 2 SC2 Pro just setup yesterday (customs snafu by DHL caused my wheel to sit in Germany for 2 weeks, UPS got it to me in 1 day). Regardless, damn! What an amazing product! True Drive software is tip top too, thanks for such thoughtful design, something very rare these days.

That loosing Center position thing is a major bug and a serious problem when testing some filters in iRacing.

If you don`t go to the pits everytime you change a tiny little thing it rips the steering wheel out of your hand and goes to -360°.

480901 just happened to me at startup

As I wrote in the news and updates thread, it is under investigation. Seems to happen more for some people, but we think it is a software issue. The firmware that we are testing (starting today) has another attempt to get to the explanation and possible fix.

1 Like

I saw that error (480901 comm fault) the very first time I powered up my SPORT, pushing the e-stop cleared the fault.

Then it showed up a few times, I think is a start up procedure, i never see that if I power up SC2, let Windows recognize it with time (wait Windows & SC2 Connection beeps), then start TD software.
But if I change that steps the fault apears more often.

1 Like

Early indicators from a valued tester here in Finland, who says that the fault had occurred more than half the times at start, says that now it does not happen anymore with the version we are testing. So, promising.

4 Likes