Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

If its possible, maybe dim the light a bit (again, if possibly) by limiting the forward current going to the LED. I don’t think I would have a problem with the brightness at all when my unit arrives, but just a suggestion if it does bother some people.

How can it produce “hazardous torque levels” if the e-stop is pressed?

I’d suggest a constant, very dim (as @BLVCK suggested) red light to indicate it’s on.

Hello @Mika,

Finally my Sc2 Ultimate is ( HERE )…

i’ts to early to give you my first impressions but for what i see i can suggest other features to add in True drive.

1 ) include a ( FFB Smoothing Filter ) … the exact same as rFactor2 have in settings properties.

2 ) Add a features that automatically detect - Sims - car - track combination and load a specific profile and first time a new combination is detected… ask you if you want to create a ( new profile ). this is a nice add. honestly I thought it was already like that

3 ) Longer profile name is a nice add… even a little “profile description where i can write some details about the profile” is a nice add.

thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

We don’t know what the rFactor2 smoothing filter does. We believe that it is just average of N last samples, and thus it induces more lag than our Reconstruction Filter.

This would require us to interface with the telemetry to this amount of simulators. Currently we do not have engineering resources to do that. However, if there was an opensource project that would allow us to license such functionality without requiring us to disclose our source code, then we would do it!

This is certainly something that we could be able to implement. Currently, as you may know, the profile names and settings are stored in the device memory, and the memory that is reserved for the profile name has this fixed limitation. However, we could add a hidden unique identifier for a profile and then load the user notes from a .ini file or something like that. How does that sound?

4 Likes

ahhh … what a figure!

no, i don’t have a youtube channel but i can create one if you want. i can teach you what ( education is ).

what you think ?.

hi,
QR stands for quick release, right ?.

my QR works perfect. what question is this ?.

man, don’t worry for your priced toy … works well but have some room for improvements.

just to be know …
but , a moderator is present on this forum or the arrogance of your supporter/customer is normal here ?.

again ,
what video you are talking about ?.

what i think ? i think that here some people have to fly carefully down… stay calm and pay more attention on what he says.

please don’t replay anymore … adults here, not blatant fanboys.

@Mika

Ok Mika,

i have to investigate if i can develop a little process sniffer that you can integrate in TD.
i don’t know if the sdk to read from shared memory/telemetry of sims are free of charge to use but i can search for this infos.

when ( and if ) this things is completed i just want to be credited in TD. is good for GD ?

MIka, some of your customer here are irritant,blatant and arrogant… and honestly is not good.

do you talk like him, do you want to sue me? ahhh …qua doesn’t ban anyone nice. Do I have to tell you in Italian?

Hello Mika,

with a little app that i use to test every frequency/wave form for other things i’ve found what FFB smoothing do in rf2.
this is extremely simple to implement and with this filter it’s impossible to introduce additional latency.

i can share the entire code with you only via PM message.too much ineducated people here.

Readout Telemetry data for automatic profile selection/switching via TD.
even this is really simple and works right now for rf2. i have to port it to iracing, ac and acc. obviously i can’t test it directly via TD right now but works fine.

i have to write blocks for Auto generated profiles based on new combination for car/tracks.

Guys make a point. We are all here to have the same goal. Fun driving in our cars

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve tried searching these forums a bit, but can’t seem to find an answer. Has the config file for rFactor 2 been fully developed?

I just recently was in the game and found that the steering rotations don’t match from sim to wheel, that’s not an immediately noticeable thing, but it’s definitely not detecting the actual rotation of the physical wheel. I can set it manually, but there’s the function to auto set the rotation, which will actually not give me the correct rotation on the physical wheel, so I have to un-tick that box and set it manually both in the sim and in the True Drive software.

We have some conflicting reports on whether or not the automatic steering angle setup has been implemented by rFactor2 developers for Simucube 2 devices. I know it will work for Simucube 1.

I will try to remember to test this.

The issue I feel could be due to the fact that the auto steering angle setup does indeed do something depending on the car, but it’s still not correct. I haven’t tested every single car in the game, but I’ve gone back and forth between having the auto-angle button checked and unchecked without changing anything else and when the button is checked, it doesn’t give you the rotation that is indicated in the rF2 settings menu. In my tests, it’s only been off by about 20-40 degrees less than what it should be.

The visual rotation of the wheel doesn’t match the rotation of the physical wheel regardless of using the auto-angle function or not. Which makes it even more difficult to see the problem, because a dev that’s tired of dealing with issues that aren’t actual issues may assume the user is simply not understanding that the visual rotation isn’t necessarily an indication of anything being wrong and may dismiss any feedback about incorrect steering rotation.

hi all, I still don’t understand what is the pratical utility of the “ultra low latency mode” filter, nor how it works. the only thing I think I understood is that it helps prevent oscillations, am I right?
also, does the “slew rate limit” do actually something in Sport? I remember reading time ago it is present in TD but in reality is not working for Sport models. but I might be wrong on this. On the meaning of this filter, is it somehow similar to Rfactor2 “ffb smoothing” option?

another thing guys, are those the initial default bumpstop settings? thanks!
(screenshot taken from SRG SC2 review)

Ultra low latency mode might help oscillations. Most significant effect is in iRacing - use for example 10% and compare with 0% with such settings that the wheel starts to oscillate if you let go of the wheel. Adding Ultra Low Latency Mode might calm the wheel.

Default bumb stop settings look like that,yes.

1 Like

I found it necessary to use the recommended (s397) rotation of 1440 degrees, otherwise, the virtual wheel would not sync properly. However, that was with SC1.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any difference for me.

I have a SC2 Pro, if that helps anyone.