Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

That sounds similar, and yes not obtrusive it’s just there when on my three previous DD systems it wasn’t.

1 Like

The Sport that i have doesnt make any sound at all beyond the safety beep for high torque.

@EsxPaul Description is much more accurate than my own. I don’t find in unnatural, it’s not something I would complain about or claim it’s not working, I am more curious that it happens only with Direct input filter effect on.
And you have to drive it a bit hard on uneven surfaces for it to happen.

Finally downloaded the new FW, still the SC2 should be turned on after turning on the PC, otherwise it is not detected. Tried only RF2 and still there are slight noises from the engine, do not give trouble to driving.
The noises resemble those of the OSW 1 p with a 40K encoder and when the TWB was increased beyond 680. I am convinced that it will be resolved in the following FW

1 Like

Which Simucube 2 model do you have?

has the pro.
sorry but I could write more to get to 20 characters :joy:

I have the pro, even putting the flag for the noises on the last page but it doesn’t change. The noise is light but there is

Could anybody explain ultra low latency filter and why we shouldn`t set it to 100%?

4 Likes

How 100? It’s only 20% there

The Ultra Low Latency filters is an attempt to reduce apparent latency in USB communications just enough so that the torque to wheel -> USB -> Simucube -> position back to PC via USB -loop does not become unstable and cause oscillation.

However, some simulators, namely rFactor2, seems to go “over-stable” and becomes unstable, causing a high frequency wheel vibration.

2 Likes

So what number should we use in latest firmware?

Depends on what simulator you run. iRacing and AC should be quite happy with something around 12-15% and might get a bit worse in 20%. Rfactor2 seems to not be very happy at all with this filter, 0% seems to be best.

Mika, I can’t say that I’ve had any oscillation issues with AC for example and I always have the low latency filter switched off.

Would you think there would be anything for me to gain by using a setting of 12-15% or should that only be used if I was experiencing some kind of issue?

Nothing to gain in feeling wise using this filter.

1 Like

But anyway, it helps those faster drivers who is at the top-end of the spectrum, where every bit counts. But your mileage may vary, latency on SC2 is already at very low levels, before using this LL Filter.

1 Like

Hi Mika,
i´m very happy with the simucube 2 pro, but I have a question:

In iracing when I hit a curb hardly, then I often loose the usb connection of my simucube2.
Simucube switch off, because usb connection is lost.
When i reducing overall strength to 70% or something, it´s solved or better, but is this normal, safty mode
clipping ?

I´m a beginner, with a direct wheel…

Thanks for your support Dirk

Do you have both the power supplies connected?

1 Like

“Ultra low latency mode”

Obviously the idea is a good one but i can’t help but think the allure of a setting called “Ultra Low latency mode” is going to encourage people to run it as high as they can where as it seems to be for the better for user experience that the name indicates its nature and behaviour better.

Was thinking something like “USB polling adjustment” or words to that effect to encourage people not to play until they understand that this is an application specific option. If they don’t know what it does its better that they don’t touch it until they do. I would also say a mouse over (i) would be warranted for this option :slight_smile:

Looking forward to September batch when im due to get mine :smiley:

Tim.

2 Likes

In next firmware version, there will be some more game titles presented in the template profiles via the Add Profile button. In case you definitively have some “killer” settings that should be included, please post that setting in the relevant thread.

We have added AC, ACC, AMS, ETS2/ATS and a credits field functionality so we can show your name/forum username as well.

4 Likes

I would recommend the tips that @Exact-Performance has given in regards to AC as being well worth a look at.

I think many of us have followed his guidance for this title have came away feeling very impressed.

5 Likes