Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

It’s really not cool (nor the way one should treat its customers) that Simagic is talking about “exiting news”, and a day later release a statement to abandon the support for a product roughly 3 years old.
I also once asked if people still would buy Chinese products when they were labelled:
Simagic
西马吉克
Camus
卡缪
Moza
莫扎
I earned the expected shitstorm. It just shows how people get fooled. There are sure people out there believing that Simagic is an Italian product/company.

1 Like

I was just thinking recently all these names sound just like ‘lost in translation’ names that some non-native speakers must have thought sounded like reasonable English brand names. They almost sound like they came out of an AI chatbot.

I first noticed this with all the off-brand names in big screen TVs

At the end of the day, though, they find success because they actually offer value where it counts and not just looks

Which is why I don’t have a problem with True Drive. Just let me keep my advanced configuration options and I’ll be happy.

Head-fi is my other hobby and I can tell you that Chi-fi audio equipment these days it outpacing West counterparts in delivered absolute and quality per buck many folds.
Energy deprived EU and nose up stagnated US manufacturing glory days are over.

3 Likes

Does that mean TD open, or TD open and online.

Is a terrible question to end a week, but would be even worse to start a week with it

You need to be online to use iRacing… But the feature is not dependent on using the True Drive Paddock or offline profiles.

Can you explain the peak & notch filter? I am new SC Pro user and experience small jolts on ACC Nürenburgring. Would this filter help or what course of action is advisable?

That pretty much sums it up. :rofl:

Sure it’s not from wheel hub or QR?

Maybe @Purple_Red is the best address (after Granite team) to check this out. He also does some very interesting research about compressing FFB signals, something that is regular part of CSP (using compression assist instead of steering assist)

1 Like

Peaking/Notch filter can be used to peak out some frequencies of the FFB signal, for example if your wheel has unwanted resonance sounds or the system oscillates in an unwanted way. Any other effects that are caused by this filter are just unwanted/unintended side effects.

The filter works in frequency domain, and if you need to reduce some high-FFB jolts, it would be better to turn down the maximum FFB strength from True Drive and increase in-game FFB strength.

2 Likes

Forgive me if the answer is somewhere I didnt read - did you ever find a solution to this? Grainyness is only noticible in quick changes to direction, also seems more prominemt towards the right for some reason. Biggest effect I’ve found is reducing damping to 0 like you said, which will probably be my current solution. Not sure thats correct though since it seems a lot of people do use damping

Summer is soon over. Big update coming next month? :thinking:

Summer has been slow due to holidays. We are progressing and are close to being able to gain confidence on the time table for actual releases. We aim to reveal more about all this next month.

2 Likes

Sounds very close to a politician (sorry @Mika :joy:):
While our schedules are absolutely on plan, and our goal is to always develop the best, we are so happy to announce that the the repair has almost been contracted out to a company!
After the objection period of 3 months , and the contractual security is certain for everyone, we could start with the project work as early as November…

will there finally be automatic game detection / profile switchting with the update?
this is still the most annoying missing feature…

That feature is likely going to implemented into Simucube Tuner software, in which we are adding support for Simucube 2 wheel base. The progress on that has been a bit slow, and it will be tight to get that out before the end of the year.

Thats great news! I don’t mind waiting a few more months, at least it’s coming

Hello Mika,
Simucube Tuner seems interesting but i perfectly understand that ( software/simulator side ) the things are what are.

but i’m always curious about new things. Have any news about what i suggested to implement months ago ?.

thank you.

We always try to improve our products, but sometimes we should realize that other brands only have Talk and marketing… Often pumped up by reviews from people who don’t have the skills to judge… The distance between sc2 and all the others is abysmal and unbridgeable via software… I’m recording a video test on servo control… Test that I have three simagic U users and owners replicate… Which some famous youtuber compared to sc2… I assure you that the results will shock you and make you understand that today we already have the best… Then I too would like some steps forward in Technology… The breakthroughs we were promised in the sc2 roadmap. But I assure you that today sc2 is the only one that has excellent control of its electronics…:grin:

I am not an engineer, but when I compare/benchmark a Simucube 2 to products like Fanatec, Thrustmaster, Simagic Aso then these products become dust, they literally vanish, are vaporised.
I try to race every day, sometimes only half an hour. I just love it. I never spent a second thinking about other DD products, I honestly can’t imagine there is something better. Concerning TD: I myself would like to have the FFB coming from telemetry, because the experience I made with my pedals is absolutely amazing. Without TC and ABS it’s sometimes quite difficult to drive. The Simucube just can’t inform as good as a pedal does (and it’s not the job she is made for).

What would you like to have in TD?

Besides: I just made fun on Mika’s colorful writing style. It wasn’t serious