Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

Have analog clutches, till they figure that one, its wired for me… never really bothered me…

Yeap 4 of my wheels have clutches so wired

I wonder why some of us see such low numbers and some don’t. It seems even stranger if I move the wheel farther away from the qr towards the seat it gets stronger.

@Mika

Some feedback

1: when changing profiles sometimes the profile doesn’t change to 2nd one, you have to select a 3rd profile to be able to then select the 2nd one.
2: the fault error mentioned earlier occurs when you have simucube powered one before starting true drive but lately following misbehavior is noted
3: if I start simucube before starting TD, the e-stop does not register. Pressing and releasing has no affect in TD and status does not change. Even though e-stop is released TD shows it as pressed.

Best way found it to start TD then power on simucube

Nothing critical just some misbehavior

1 Like

Just starting to use the wheel and it feels really good sofar!

But I have found my first little issue.

It seems the bumpstop maximum strength is a percentage of the overall strength.

So when I run a high downforce car and have my overall strength at 100% and bumpstop max strength at 80% I get a really firm end stop. But when I set overall strength to 40% for a road car, the end stop also feels weak, and I easily steer very far into it.

If this is indeed true, I think it would make sense to have the bump stop strength as a percentage of maximum motor strength, so it can be stronger than your overall strength.

4 Likes

I found that issue too with RicharBurns Rally needing a mechanical bumpstop, and may not be possible to change that

Small issue/request: could you program TD so that the window that appears with the slider for enabling high torque moves with the TD window. I always put the TD software on the right screen of my triple setup because the wheel blocks a large part of it but the slider window still appears on the center screen (with the view of the slider being almost perfectly obstructed by my wheel). TIA.

3 Likes

i get 17%. Triple screen - button boxed - P1 rig etc.

3k and the manufactuter is ( not ) able to send the new module and still people that try to convince others that this is ( proffessional ) ?.

i like my ultimate but this is the first ( and last ) time i spend money on this solutions.

2 Likes

17% is obviously unacceptable, have you contacted GD to help troubleshoot this?

Same here ,drop below 10 % often and i got 2 Ma wheels and button boxes wireless that even Martin sent me new antenna more long to replace and still get poor receiving… definetely not Martin side since i ever change antenna …i would take an exterior antenna from GD for sure :frowning:

That not nice to hide the problem … Some of us got really poor reception , Help !!!

So when you guys are seeing 10-17% how does it affect performance? Are you noticing mis shifts or unresponsive buttons?

Sometimes i see even less ,i already got like 1-2 % while looking at true drive , and yes happened sometimes that mis shift and/or unresponsive buttons ,even disconnect and reconnect few times :frowning: ,that rare but still so anoing ,specially for that high quality setup :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm… I’ve been in contact with Martin about a wireless B16 recently, I was planning to purchase from his next run but this makes me a little nervous :grimacing:

Maybe you are living in a forest of WiFis like me :sweat_smile:

+40 SSIDs are accesibles in my home, no free channels to transmit without trash

got you guys beat on that , 50+ wi fi devices, two access points, 1 router, 2 x 2.4ghz, 2 x 5ghz , B16M on ultimate - 100% signal. its sitting 3 feet from the access point (router)

no interference issues, ultimate with out external antenna

How does this help them?

It helps to calm you :wink:

Is there a possible way to turn off the back leds? at night they are so annoying flashing maybe they can add a feature in TD to turn them off.

You can cover it with a tape, much easier than a software setting for it.

7 Likes

for me it’s a design flow. Non commercial solutions ( have ) to offer the most safe way to use a feature and the only safe way is to use an external antenna. but this is what is and it’s a lesson.

now i’m more interested on the new True Drive release
Telemetry data collection with opt-in to help us create even better product/features
New filter (Simucube 2 Ultimate Early Access testers only)
New filter feature (Simucube 2 Ultimate Early Access testers only)